Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Jan 25, 2004.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I picked up some seats from a 95 Yukon to put in the Blazer. They are power seats. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The pass side is easy to wire, just two wires. The drivers side has a four prong connector. Does anyone know which wire is for what? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif They are probably 2 power and 2 ground, but I would like to check out a wiring diagram before I have to pull it all apart to figure it out /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif....Thanks for any help! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well did you check to see if two of the drivers side wires were the same as 2 of the passenger side wires? if they are, wire those the same, then just make a temporary ground wire and a power jumper and play with the other 2.. or the other 2 could both be power and all 3 share a common ground.. what does the drivers seat have that the passengers doesnt? power lumbar?

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I guess (what the guy at the shop told me) that the passenger side is just power lumbar. The drivers side has two flat switches (up/down, front/back???) and a little joy stick for switches. I guess when it warms up (its like 2 degrees right now) I'll put an ohm meter on the circuits and see if they are two or three separate circuits. If they are just two, then it should be a 2 power, 2 ground set up. I was really hoping someone might have a wiring diagram though - its so much easier, and I'm into saving time whenever I can.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif