Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with size of fuel line connecter

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DesertDueler2, May 7, 2005.

1. DesertDueler2

DesertDueler2 1/2 ton status

Dec 25, 2004
    I was wondering if anyone knew what size the fuel line connecter is for the braided TBI lines. The rear ones where the factory metal lines connect. I need to make new hard lines, and want to get all the parts together before I pull it apart.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    The "Saginaw" connectors probably have some size designation, but the problem is that you can't get solid lines with that fitting. You can get pieces, but you'll still have to come up with adapters or something to cobble together the system.

Not trying to sound negative, but I spent days trying to find a source that could make those lines local to me, and the one person that supposedly had the (expensive) machine to do it, I could never get in touch with.

The problem with the Saginaw setup is that the line itself is integral with the fitting. The odd bulge that is used can't be cheaply recreated so far.

Easiest thing to do is going to be to get lines that already have the right ends on them, and join them with some other type of fitting in the middle.