Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with someone who is an idiot

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Krase, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Ok, I know this has been discussed before, but i can find the link in the search, my rear window only goes one way motor is good--switch connectors around it goes other way---is this switch because both outside and inside switch do same?

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

put the window down, open the tail gate. on the drivers side of the tail gate there is the latch where it locks to the body when it is up. play with the latch and make sure it is going fully into the lock position. there is a saftey switch attached to it on the inside of the tail gate. the saftey is there so when you open the tail gate the window cannot be put up, and fall out of the track. some times these get dirty and stick, and will not allow the window to open. and it is a fairly inexpensive part to replace. try cleaning it and see what happens. let us know what it was if this was it or not
    good luck
    ~~~jeff

3. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Aye i will but one quick question, would this be the cause when i can turn the wire connectors around on the motor and now it will go up and not down? I remember something about this but cannot find it, also if it is the main switch which is the main one--the one on the tailgate or the one in the cab on the dash?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's my experience.......
    If you look at the latches on the bed, there should be some metal spacers on the latch. I had taken these off and cleaned them and lost one and the window wouldn't work anymore. Apparently these spacers make the latch move just right cause just like the previous poster said, on the driver's side of the gate, there is a safety switch. There was no connection. I first replaced the key switch on the tailgate at $50, didn't work. Then I just happen to get lucky and get married gaining a father-in-law with 20 yrs on GM products. He bypassed this safety switch. Of course, I lost the keys to the new switch and lost the old switch, and when I happen to have a new key around, it only puts the window down, not up, but doesn't matter since I always use the in cab switch. Enough rambling from me.

5. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

if its an electric window there is a copper ring inside of the casing of the key slot. when you turn the key it makes contact on either side causing the window to go up or down. check to see if its broken or making contact