Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with stalling

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eric__kam, Aug 17, 2005.

1. eric__kam

eric__kam Newbie

well I just finished dropping in a zz4 crate motor with a holley carb on it. It fired up great and idles fine but as soon as I put it in gear is stalls out, then I have to pump the gas a little to start it up again. I'm thinking its my carb tuning but cant' find anything on how to properly tune a holley carb. I was also suspecting that it could be something with my vacuum lines, is that possible? I have my oil breather or PCV routed to my manifold. then off the back of my carb I have a T that goes to my brake booster and my tranny. Then one hose from the side of my carb to the distrib. is this right? I wasnt' sure about the T but the guy at the parts store said it was okay? any help would be appreciated

2. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

Why aren't you thinking that it could be a problem related to the action of putting the trans into gear? i.e. maybe clutch drag (manual box) or auto trans fault?? $0.02 worth