Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with stolen military medals

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by GotLabs, Jan 30, 2007.

1. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Posting this for someone else, if you have any info please PM me and I will send you his contact info.

The main one is a Purple Heart

Some time ago my aunt’s house in Oakland Ca was broken into and all of my Grandfathers Metals were stolen. I would like to try and find any of these metals by putting the word out. They would be inscribed on the back with his name Lewis A Ahlwardt. I will offer a $100 reward for the return of any of these metals with NO questions asked. So next time your at a flea market of antique show and see any Military metals take a look for the name on the back. I would appreciate it very much.

I know this is a long shot but it’s worth a try

Thanks You

Steve Ahlwardt

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn... what kind of human scum would steal someones medals? thats just bull****. Next time I see some at a gun show or something, I'll take a look for you.

j

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That sucks, since Oakland is only about 20 miles from me i'll keep an eye out for anything. I'll bet they'll turn up at the Oakland flee market or even at a pawn shop but more than likely in a collectors collection somewhere.

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That's just WRONG! Those medals are more than some metal attached to ribbons. They are tangible reminders of a hero, father, husband, lover, & friend. I really hope there is a special place thieves go when they die (or are killed) where a big ol' pile of justice is served up to them.:angry1:

I really hope these turn up for you.