Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jfabert, Dec 12, 2004.

1. jfabert

jfabert 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am almost in ned of a new set of tires but not sure on what to get. I have BFG A/T's now but want alittle more agressive tire but want it to last for a few miles too. They are 35x12.50x15 that I need. Any suggestions on what would be a good tire thats gonna work pritty well in all conditions(ice,snow,road,rocks,sand etc....) But also last longer than 20- 30 k. Thanx in advance.

-Jason

2. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

go w/ the bfg mt's then

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

BFG MT's. They will last about as long as your BFG AT's did. If you want a tire that may be just a little better then the BFG MT look at Goodyear MTR's. They are a damn good tire but they are softer then BFG's so they will wear out faster.

I have run BFG AT's, BFG MT's, and now Goodyear MTR's. Hands down the MTR is the best tire I have ever run. It may not last as long as a BFG but it is close enough and the performance is great.

Harley

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I like my pro comp MT's, I think they are a little softer than the BFG's but the pro comp's are siped and they are a little cheaper.
    -Chris

5. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

bfg mud terrain, procomp mud terrain, goodyear mtr, gumbo mudder, ground hawg. the gumbo mudders and ground hawgs do really good in mud i dunno about everytign else and they r a very hard compound last a long time. super swamper makes alot of good tires but im not sure how long they last the only ones i have r on my offroad truck.

6. la_blazer82

la_blazer82 1/2 ton status

I ran 35 ProComp MTs on an Expedition, and they did pretty good in most conditions. Drove them up to Tahoe, and they were great in the rain and mud, did fairly well in snow and slushy conditions, but they eventually started to slip in ice. In 4WD, they worked a bit better, helped out by the center siping, but I eventually had to throw on the chains in the rear