Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with Transfercase Brackets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wfotyme, Mar 26, 2004.

1. wfotyme

wfotyme Registered Member

I bought a 74 K5 with a TH350 which was converted from the manual trans..I've cracked 2 TH350 cases because the transfer case has no braces/brackets..I want to put brackets on it but where they bolt on to the transfercase, there is no holes...Can I Tap holes into the T-Case? Is there some other way to support the T-Case? or, is that just the way it is...

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

there r two types of stock braces. one ran fron the t-case to the tranny. the other mounted on the t-case and then to the frame. these where used different year's np203's/205's. u can prolly find them in a yard or maybe post in the wanted forum. look in a service manual if ya need help with a pic to see what they look like. good luck and best wishes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I bought a 74 K5 with a TH350 which was converted from the manual trans..I've cracked 2 TH350 cases because the transfer case has no braces/brackets..I want to put brackets on it but where they bolt on to the transfercase, there is no holes...Can I Tap holes into the T-Case? Is there some other way to support the T-Case? or, is that just the way it is...

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be holes on the passenger side vertical edge.
    Two huge holes.
    I have seen some that were not tapped but the whole is always there.
    The 205's sometimes were not braced but all 203's were, the weight was too much for it not be braced.
    If you can't find a brace you could probably have one fabricated.
    I did one a few years back, if there is no other option I could make it again.
    Try finding one first and if you don't let me know.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif