Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help - Won't Start

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, Apr 23, 2001.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

Help - Won\'t Start

My blazer won't start this morning, It's turning over, but doesn't sound as if it's firing. I drove all weekend, parked it last night and it was running sweet, this morning however it just will not start.
    I went over an incredibly bumpy road last night, shook the whole truck to hell, could this have done something to affect it not starting today, I noticed a metal braided (Looks like ground strap) attached to the rear of a rocker cover, this strap is still attached to the rocker cvr but is just hanging there, any ideas anyone, please tell me its a fuse or something....

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Re: Help - Won\'t Start

Check all your fuses first, then see if you can reattach that ground.. The ground may possible be your problem.

Also check to make sure all your plug wires and coil wire are still connected.

Mike - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>[​IMG]

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Famous previous owner of mine left that ground wire unhooked for me, along with the choke. It will run with out but its a good safety deal to have hooked up. I'd pull one of your plugs with the wire still on and rest the metal end of it on the manifold. Make sure NOT to touch it after that. Then get a buddy in the cab and crank it a little. Check to see if its firing. If not then something probably came loose in your distrubutor.

[​IMG]

4. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, well, I checked what I thought was the obvious things first, all fuses, and all wiring, below the dash and under the hood, the truck was turning over but not firing. I was on my own so I couldn't crank the motor and check for a spark.
    So, About now I was getting severely pissed. I jacked up the front end and crawled below for a look, and there it was, I almost missed it. There was an orange heavy wire, with a male flat connector on it hanging loose, the female end was nearby, so, I stuck them together, and, well, it started. Obviously the shaking the truck got the night before had loosened this connection, bummer thing is, it took me 5 hours to find it.!

5. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, well, I checked what I thought was the obvious things first, all fuses, and all wiring, below the dash and under the hood, the truck was turning over but not firing. I was on my own so I couldn't crank the motor and check for a spark.
    So, About now I was getting severely pissed. I jacked up the front end and crawled below for a look, and there it was, I almost missed it. There was an orange heavy wire, with a male flat connector on it hanging loose, the female end was nearby, so, I stuck them together, and, well, it started. Obviously the shaking the truck got the night before had loosened this connection, bummer thing is, it took me 5 hours to find it.!