Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1bigchev, Jul 26, 2004.

1. 1bigchev

1bigchev Registered Member

Hey anyone out there with a D60 front end? I need to know if the pinion on a D60 lines up with the output shaft on the T-Case and if it does not, does it need to? Mine is a little off but the axle came off a 1980 Dodge. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Lots of guys here run the Dodge D60. It doesn't have to line up 'perfectly', it just needs to be on the same side of the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

3. 1bigchev

1bigchev Registered Member

Ok i understand that the pinion has to be onthe same side of the truck. but if the position of the pinion is off by say 3" is that going to cause problems with the driveline angle.

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

with a 10" lift you will probablly have some problems, IIRC both angles have to be within 3 or 4 degrees of each other to stay away from vibrations, you could try shimming it or have it cut and turned.

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Drive shafts don't know if they are running up and down or left and right, they just know how much angle they are running at. If the angles do not exceed the max operating angle of the u-joint and are within 3 or 4 degrees of each other from one end to the other, then you should be fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif