Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Moose, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

OK guys I have the 12" kit on do I need to do a CV joint rear shaft? Guys here told me to just length it. What do you think? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just lengthening the rear shaft might work, but I think your still going to have issues even if you relocated the perches at a different angle. If i were you, I'd just go with the CV shaft.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Lol most people have vibration issues with 8" and some with 6". I'd go CV. Call Jesse /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

When I went to the 12" kit I went ahead and got a rear cv high angle driveshaft.Never had any vibration problems yet.
    But when I had the 12" lift on my former 91 blazer it was a different story.I did not get a cv ds and it went through 4 or 5 TH400 rebuilds. I would go with High Angle Drivelines
    for sure /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys sound like I need the CV shaft. Kinda what I thought. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif