Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74chelsea, Apr 3, 2001.

1. 74chelsea

74chelsea Registered Member

My 74 Blazer is running a 2yr old crate 350. and just today it stated idleing way way way to high, when i come to a stoplight and have my foot on the brake, it sounds like i have my foot on the gas as well. then when i come to a stop and put the car in park, it revvs even higher. what is goin on?

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

as nuts as this may sound its happened to me,check the gasket under the air filter,between the filter housing and the carb, i sucked mine in and it wedged in one of the carb butterflies holding it and the others part open.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If it's not what pure said start looking for vacume leaks. Make sure the carb is snug (carb to intake is like 10ftlb) also check that the choke is dropping and not stuck on the high idle cam. If your running the intake that came on the crate your running a newer carb also. The newer carbs will have vac ports that you will not need. make sure a cap didn't fall off.
    Carb cleaner is a good way to check for leaks. spray it at where you think there is a leak and if there is a leak the idle will change.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>