Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txhotrod, Apr 6, 2005.

1. txhotrod

txhotrod Registered Member

Ok after goin through 10 diffrent set of inner seals for my d44 front end on my blazer i decied to scratch off the pretty paint and see if i could find the bom #'s. Well I found them but like everything else with this particular axle it comes up unlisted. The bom#'s are 603675 then a space and a 2 to the right of these are the #'s are the #'s 3267A E or F. I belive the second set is the date.. Is my axle realy from 1967!!!

This is my dd and was bought with a lift already on it as well as a body swap. I dont belive a word of what the guy said when i bought it he said there was match 3.73's but actually they were 2.78's and 3.08's. A month ago i replace every seal that was in the axle and upgraded to 4.56's, but these weren't replaced because they weren't in the axle to begin with. Well after the break in period I went wheelin and noticed that the oil was leakin from the tubes. I tore apart the axle and found out the seals weren't even there...If any can help me with this i would greatly apperciate it I need my truck back his is my DD.

Thanx ,

Blazerkid

This is for my son who couldn't log on

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

603675-2 is a 3.07 ratio Dana 44 front axle out of a 1976 half ton GM truck.

DANA 44 FRONT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Year 1976
    Make CHEVY
    Model K5 Blazer, K10 1/2 Ton Pickup & Suburban & Panel Truck
    Number of axle splines: 30 FULL
    (STANDARD-pinion) FRONT
    Number of cover bolts: 10
    Number of axle splines: 30
    Diameter of ring gear: 8.5"
    Number of ring gear bolts: 10
    Pinion Shaft Diameter: 1.375"
    Pinion Splines : 26
    Low Case Ratio : 3.92

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Tim,

Where did you find the info on the breakdown of the differential number? Just wondering where to go in the future.

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Thanks! That's another handy link for the list. :grin: