Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevyDan, Oct 2, 2005.

1. ChevyDan

ChevyDan Registered Member

Alright, stupid question.. :doah: but its relatively important at this point and time. I want to get my quad in the back of my truck, and I can't get the tailgate to release. I opened the handle up, and everything appears to be in order inside there, but I cannot get the gate to drop down so i can take a look at the drivers side latch. Any quick ways to get that biotch down ? :confused: :( I know I'm dumb, so bear with me..

'89 Chevy Cheyenne LT1 350 700R4 2wd

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Does the linkage move when you pull on the handle? Is everything connected properly? Can you hear it moving or binding ?

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Pull the inspection plate off from the inside of the bed. It is rectangular and has about 8-10 screws. There will be two rods, one on each side, and a center cam type mechanism. Grap each rod firmly and spread them apart using slight pressure. You shouldn' need and pliers or anthing to move the rods.

4. ChevyDan

ChevyDan Registered Member

Thank You

AZ your the man, I got it open, it had popped off inside the tailgate, where it connects to the drivers side latch. Thank you so much, I got to break my 4wheeler this weekend ! WOO HOO! :D