Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dnc7004, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dnc7004

dnc7004 Newbie

I have a 89 k5 and need a wiring diagram to put a 85 305 in it becuse the guy I got it from hade a LT 1 in it can any one help me out ?????? it is driving me nuts
    i have striped all the wiring out from the old motor what would i need to do to bring the 305 back up i would think i could just run the wires to bare essantials it is for off road and run lights and stuff off a tawgoe switch if any1 has a easier way please do share the infor woth me thank toy it is a chevy 305 quidro jet carb thanks

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Are you needing the entire wiring diagram, or is there 1 or 2 wires you need help with. There will be more wires on the 89 and more vacuum stuff on the 85.

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

The wiring is completely different between a 1989 TBI equiped motor and a electronic Q-jetted 1985 motor.
    I am not saying that you could not figure out what is what and adapt plugs and terminals but that seem's like it would be a nightmare with all the vacum related hardware on the 1985 motor.
    Post up info on the exact motor you are putting in and maybe someone with the ability to post pic's of a Helms manual will do so .

Tom