Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Eddie W, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Eddie W

Eddie W Registered Member

I have a tranny problem. My Blazer is an 83 4x4 with the 700r4, It will pull fine thru fist shift to second pull fine, then Bam back to first gear. Ive put a new kick down cable on it, no luck. This truck has an wiring issue and i was wodering if the green and yellow wire plugged into the side of the transmission controls the shifts or just the converter lock up. I know absolutly nothing about a tranny, Throw a engine at me any day of the week no prob, but not a tranny.

2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I've had similar problems before. My truck sat for two years. (I got into the car scene, slap) It came out of it after awhile, Guys told me it was a valve stuck in the tranny. I dunno really, but I ajusted the kickdown and never had a problem after. I dunno if this helps, but Good luck.

3. Eddie W

Eddie W Registered Member

I put a kick down cable on it and adjusted it, still no luck. someone else told me that a valve might be sticking so i might try and pull the pan and get the gunk out of it. Thanks for the advice and anymore would be greatly apprieciated.