Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help

Discussion in 'General Non-Automotive Classifieds' started by 68MUDSTUD, Sep 26, 2006.

1. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

i NEED a tranny for my tmaxx 3.3 FAST! it needs to be Complete! I roasted the crap out of mine, and it would be way easier to find a new one. will be willing to pay the price.

2. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

did ya ask for hubs too in the wanted parts?

3. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

dude, I told ya' that if you open it up and look at what you stripped or snapped you can get the parts for cheap and just replace them. Trust me, you would be much better off just doing that instead of thinking that you'll replace the entire transmission every time something isn't right.

I sent you that PM w/ the link to the exploded view, so pop it open and figure out what you need.

-Avery

4. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

we rebuilt the transmission on the kitchen table... it was cool

5. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That's about all it takes. I told him if he got a list of parts from the diagram I sent him he could just rebuild it with no problems. Plus while you are at it you can get some upgrades for it and get the forward only conversion. That helps in the strength department and helps shave rotating mass and drop the weight of the extra servo to go from forward to reverse.

-Avery