Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SNOHEAD, Jun 6, 2000.

1. SNOHEAD

SNOHEAD Registered Member

I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY BLAZER. I WENT OUT TO START MY TRUCK THIS MORNING AND THE ENGINE WOULD TURN OVER BUT IT FAILED TO START . IT HAD FUEL AND THE PLUGS,WIRES,DISTIBUTER AND ROTOR . IT'S FLOODED OUT THE FIRST TIME SO I LET IT SET AND IT STILL WOULDENT FIRE . I ENDED UP WALKING TO WORK.HELP ME PLEASE.
    STOCK 350, REBUILT CARBURATOR, AND STOCK TRUCK 1978

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Definately sounds like you are not getting any spark. First check all you fuses. Then check the wiring for the ignition, coil, etc..... Also check the main 12v power to your distributor...

If this doesn't help, let me know. i will be back on tomorrow morning!

Mike
    <a href="http://emmett.coloradok5.com">1982 GMC Jimmy - Emmett</a>

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I would check the spark, pull a wire and place an old used plug in the wire and lay it on the engine where it will touch the ground then turn the motor over, if no spark then start checking all the ignition parts, but I would venture to say it would be the module that is inside the distributor. Most parts places like autozone have testers that can tell you if it is bad, along with your coil.

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

My old q-jet carb would give me a very hard time during cold starts. It had a problem with the choke, especially if the engine wasn't started in several days. The only thing that helped was cranking it while pressing the gas pedal all the way to the floor.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

If it's flooded just hold the throttle wide open while cranking the extra air will clear it eventually. Also try starting fluid if it starts and runs with it then dies it's the carb or fuel. If that doesn't work check the spark if you have some the timing chain may have jumped (if it has alot of miles) and if it isn't that check to see if the rotor is turning inside the distrib (doubt it but check anyways)

Wasn't me.............

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Try buying 8 new plugs first.
    I spent some time a while back checking all the hard stuff on my wife's 4 cyllinder. Turned out to be the easyest; 4 new plug's and started right upp.
    If you flood your engine sometimes the plugs will break when it tries to fire the amount off fuel that is in there.

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at: </font color=blue>http://espen.coloradok5.com