Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Speed8379

Speed8379 Registered Member

I have a 1990 gmc jimmy and have had a problem with the gas. when i hit the gas it catches someplace and causes hte gas to get pinned down. its not bad, i can still drive the truck but need to pass inspection and they wont let me with the problem. The truck also shackes really bad but only when ii have my foot on the gas, if i take it off then it goes away untill i hit the gas again. if you know how to fix any of these problems please elp me out. thanks

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

3. Speed8379

I have started using hte cruise control in the last week, i have found that it cn get me better gas mileage so it might be that

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

check the cable it might be frayed and that could be what is catching my car did that to me

wheeling pics

5. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

For the gas problem, your return spring is most likely getting hung up. I replaced mine with a higher tension spring and haven't had that problem since.

For the vibration under throttle, replace your U-Joints, and I'll bet it goes away .... well, 90% sure it will go away.....

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

6. Speed8379

I have solved the gas problem and now i am replacing the oil pan gasket becasue that $hit the bed. but i have also have a heavy vibration comeing from the truck, i have a feeling that i might have lost some of my wheel weights and thats whats causing the truck to vibrake but if you have any other ideas let me know. Thanks

7. Stoopalini

Is the vibration constant, or only under throttle? Does it get worse with increased speed? What happens if you shift into neutral at around 65mph; does the vibration go away?

If it's constant, then the weel balance may be it; but if only under throttle, I would still go after the U-Joints first. They are the cheapest/easist thing to replace first.

BTW: What solved the gas problem?

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --

8. Speed8379

I used some wd-40 to fix the throttle, i guess the grease caused it to stick and i havent had a problem yet. i found a wheel that is missing the weights so as soon as i get the oil pan back on i'll put on the spair tire and see what happens.

9. Speed8379

I changed hte u-joints yesterday in hte snow and now hte truck runs fine. Thanks for all the help. Lata Steven

10. Stoopalini

Hey, no problem. Glad you got it fixed up [​IMG] and thanks for posting your results!

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --