Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SNOHEAD, Jul 15, 2000.

1. SNOHEAD

SNOHEAD Registered Member

FOR STARTERS I AM PLANING ON BRING MY BLAZER ACROSS COUNTRY FROM MONTANA TO NEW JERSEY . IN ANY CASE I AM WONDERING IS THERE IS ANYTHING I SHOULD BE CARFULE OF ON THE TRUCK ITS ALL STOCK AND I JUST REPLACED THE U JOINTS . I PULLED THE FRONT DRIVELINE AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE MORE PICKUP AND GO. IS IT SAFE TO LEAVE THE DRIVLINE OFF OR WILL IT CAUSE AND IMBALANCE IN THE LONG RUN?
    THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I think it is totally safe. I believe I read on this forum and 4x4 magazines that you can remove the front drivshaft and there wont be any damage in the long run. But I am not 100% sure.

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com

3. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

I pulled off my driveshafts all the time with no problems. Mostly I do this to have new ujoints put in. I just pull the front driveshaft off and drive it down to the shop then they replace them then I take it home put the front back on then take the rear on off and put it in 4hi and do the same thing. Your not going to hurt anything by taking it off.

Getsome

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Just make sure you take your front driveline with you. That way if something happens to the rearend you can just pop the driveline back in, kick it into 4wheel drive, and run on the front tires. It's saved my butt a time or two.

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com