Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Mar 18, 2000.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

It has just began to rain in my area today and I noticed that I have a leak coming from under the driver side dash. It is not anti-freeze, it only happened today w/ the rain. I can see no water running anywhere except on the corner under the dash. I can not see where it is originating. PLEASE HELP, I fear a problem w/ the electrical system, not to mention rusting.

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Try to duplicat the problem with a garden hose and get a better look at it...i'm thinkin you need to have the windshield pulled and resealed...just a hunch.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

3. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it does sound like leaky windshield. If the garden hose doesn't work, try a car wash if you feel lucky [​IMG]

LMC & other places sell the w/s gaskets but I'd let a pro do it myself.

Good Luck,
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Had to take out the window myself. Each corner by the foot-panels where wet every time it rained. I remember reading awhile back about cleanig out leeves and dirt that gathers in the "gutters" under the long wiper-plate between the window and the hood. Should keep you busy a while. I dont recomend the silicon doityoureself atempts, they only get you irretaded.
    Good luck.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I used some"flowable" silicone I found at a local parts store. It is a liquid form silicone that "flows" into low spots and voids before curing. Worked great on an old van I had with a particlularly sneaky windshield leak.

6. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Take it to a glass shop. My company has locations in Oklahoma (Ok city & Tulsa) that could help you. Check my website linkhttp://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/RallyRd/blazerbob83/index.html
    Let me know if they help and what price they give you and I will make sure you get treated right!

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]