Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Oct 29, 2002.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where i can get some lifting part for an '80 chevy luv? Im getting sick of hitting my front skid plate and botoming out all the time /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Calimi Sorry don't have a url.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Do you mean this company, Calmini????
    www.calmini.com
    If so, I don't think they have the right stuff for a chevy.
    They deal with Suzuki and other stuff.

Maybe Fabtech would carry something for this application. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

A Chevy Luv is a rebadged Isuzu Pup. They are the only ones that MIGHT have parts. Thanks for posting the link. I thought I had the spelling wrong.

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Oops...my bad. I guess I should know what luv means before posting, eh?? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    I knew what company you were talking about though /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the links but they dont carry stuff for 80 pickups and i dont know if a lift for an 88 will fit my truck /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I felt bad for not being able to help you...so I did some searchin'. I came up with a 2" and 3" body lift for your vehicle. It's from skyjacker.
    Sounds like a body lift may be your best option, since there's squat out there for lifting a chevy luv.
    Hope this helps.

Here's another link to a different brand of 2" and 3" body lift for your truck.
    In both cases, it specifies that your truck must be manual (the kits won't work with automatics)...so I hope yours is.

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well i looked at that website and the only part in the lifting set that is year specific is the torrsion bars. So im going to take a look at an 88 isuzu pickup shop manual and see what the diferance between my bar mounts and that ones mounts are. I will make it work!!!!!
    Thanks for the help guys!

10. Grim-Reaper

Ohhh yeah those extended shackles on the back are doing it for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Personnaly I would leave it and drive it. They are good little trucks in stock form but no aftermaket suport to do any modifications.
    You could probably pick up a rust bucket full size chevy for what a suspension lift would cost. Some quality time with a Swazall and throw some extra leafs in the front springs and a 2 inch block for the rear and clear 35's. End up with a truck that's 10 times as capable off road as the luv would ever be if you retain the IFS.
    Next idea would be cut the IFS off the Luv and do a Solid axle swap. A D30 from a jeep would probably work. The luv should have 4.10 gears and a front axle from a Wrangler 4cyl should have 4.10's to save you the regear.

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know, the super-extended shackle was the first thing I noticed.

12. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I wonder if they make those extended shackles for my 89 Camaro R/S.... I assume they will work with coil springs too... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i saw those lifts and was looking at my shop manual and i should be able to lift my truck whith out any parts. I made my front bumper (6" channel iron) so i dont think making some shackles will be to hard.
    The big motivaition for my getting a lift is so i can get some more wheel travel for the new 27" 9x14s im getting for it this winter. Well thanks for the help guys!