Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help....???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Sep 23, 2000.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

im really confussed here.......i have a 4 inch sus and 3 inch body with 35 inch tires on my blazer know but i wanna put a 6 inch sus so that will make it a total of a nine inch lift then i wanted to put 40 inch tires on there but some poeple say i should i will make it a good wheeler but some people said that it would be too tall??????.......what should i do i need as much advice as possible .....

thanks

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

What are you planning to do with your truck? You will need to hack some fender anyway to adjust for this added tire diameter. This is not really to high is if your mudding. If you keep your 35's and do the lift then you get some really good flex( depending on lift and your confiuration of your existing running gear). And lastly you can have the best of both worlds by keeping both sets of tires and having a multipurpose ride. Remember you will have to adjust your driveline angles with the new suspension kit.

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, are your axles ready to take this kind of punishment? The axle topic has been beaten to death here. The kill rate on the axle is dependant on the user. And any10 bolt will go even on the street(in time) with large tires. What gears are you running?