Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bearz, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Bearz

Bearz Newbie

I need some help, I just bought my first blazer a 1991 and it's great, I put a 6inch lift and 35's on it but I have noticed a few problems. The lift is 6" springs up front and blocks in the rear(also put brand new leafs), but now I notice it sits about 2" higher in the front /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif it also drives like a lumber wagon... I tried taking out one spring from the front packs and also took off the sway bar but to no evail /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif it still sits higher in the front and still drives like a 5-ton??? can anyone help me get a better ride and ride hieght???

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

When you put the lift on, How tight did you tighten the bolts on the springs and shackles? Spec is like 52 foot pounds. Cranking on these can cause a rough ride. What kind of lift did you get?

3. Bearz

Bearz Newbie

It's a pro-comp lift, we thought we were overtightening so I got some new front shackles made by my bud that dont crimp on the bolt and allows for smooth movement...still rides bad /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif