Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Drey, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I was driving around tonight and my throttle stuck wide open, i got my truck stopped, and my friend got it to let back out and work properly...or so we thought. It runs halfway normal until about 25, then i lose almost all the power, i chugged my way up to 55 and made it the 10 miles home.
    Im thinkin either my idle got messed up, or my cable isnt being pulled all the way, below 25 where it is halfway powerful isnt anything near what it should be. I need all the help i can get, i dont know much about motors so please dumb it down for me /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif thanks

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

If it's diesel then it sounds like something in the injection pump took a crap. Only plus then is the 6.2 pump is about the cheapest to rebuild, but still a few hundred.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I took it out on our blacktop just now, and it seems like its shifting to soon, and then it wont kick back down...i really hope i didnt blow my tranny all to hell...
    If the injector pump was bad then will it still be able to run normal to about 35? i messed with the throttle wire and it goes up to that now

4. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

What Diesel dan said is what was wrong with my k5. Went to my girls house and I just about there and died on the side of the road made it a little further and that was it. Had to get it towed. Look around real good for a pump shop to. I did not know to much then. I was taken for 600. Mike

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

mine starts and runs just fine...till 35 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like your TV cable might have come loose somehow? Try this site:
    700R4 Site

You might not have a 700, but it gives you a ton of info on how to adjust the cable! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It sounds like your shift points are all messed up! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Its a 700, thanks for the sight im checking it out right now