Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaun, Feb 12, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

So I installed a new tranny filter on my 90 jimmy. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. Filled it with new fluid. Changed my cap and rotor and added a throttle body spacer. Now everytime I put it in drive it hits hard (like it does when in 4lo) also the whole truck shakes at idle. Now with my old blazer when it was shaking it meant the idle was to low so i turned up the idle and it ran perfect. Well if i turn up the idle on the jimmy it will be at a higher rom when I shift into drive and therefore will hit even harder right? I am confused. Did I mess something up. Could the shifting hard be because of the tranny cable coming onto the tbi. If so how do I adjust this? Any help please?

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn I didn't even think of that last night. (maybe I can only answer tech questions if they are typed) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I bet it is the TV cable needs a little more slack in it.
    Try these /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    TCI
    73-87

Thanks for the jackstands I'll be at home tonight gettin the 0-rates in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah. If you put in a TB spacer you have to re-adjust the TV cable. Do this ASAP. The life of your tranny is at stake.

4. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Your welcome bryan. Looks like more stuff to do on the jimmy. Thanks for the help guys if it works sweeeeeeeet if it doesnt then I will be back to ask more questions. Or just go to your house bryan and cry till you help me. By the way the tires look sweet. Here is my next set.
    http://www.usa6x6.com/1400Rx20%2090%25.jpg I love 49's.