Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by enriqkike, Mar 9, 2004.

1. enriqkike

enriqkike Newbie

i have a 1988 chevy full size 4x4, im having problems with idling. it idles very bad and rough. i have replaced spark plugs. plug wires, ecu coolant temp. sensor, idle control valve, manifold absolute sencor, o2 sencor, computer, and im at a lost to whats wrong. my fuel injectors have been cleaned, all filters have been replaced, i also replaced temp. switch. im at a lost as to why it won't idle as it use to. it seems as timing is off but its not. it runs just as bad as it idles. please advise

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Changed everything except the fuel pump,,,,

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Have you done a compression test? leakdown?? checked for vacuum leaks?? Sounds like you may have a problem OTHER than the E.F.I.

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Look at the distributor cap and rotor, often the rotors on those years are worn causing poor idle and no power......good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. enriqkike

enriqkike Newbie

i have replaced both caps and still is doing the same thing. i installed a fuel regulator kit and its still is the same. next i will replace the EGR valve. Whats the hell wrong with this thing????????????_)(*&&^%%

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you may have a vacuum leak. check all the vacuum lines for crackes. i had the same problem with my s10 and it had a bad vacuum leak. the egr valve rivets rusted and came apart creating a huge vacuum leak.