Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

helpers and blocks vs. new springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Sep 2, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

friend of mine with an 82 6.2L longfleet K-10 pickup told me today he is getting helper springs for his front, he just has std. two spring front packs, then he said something about getting frotn blocks, i told him bad idea to have blocks up front and that he should just get new lift packs, where can he find best deals on such? i started with JC Whitney

thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

so what are you looking for???? add a leafs for his front axle? or lift kit?

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dunno, what should he do ? i recommend new lift springs over helping his stock POS ones, or using blocks in which cant be good for the front end.

thanks

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

BLOCKS ARE ILLEGAL IN THE FRONT....

Your friend sounds like he doesn't want to spend any money. If his purpose is to lift his truck a little bit, then let him know about the fact that his stock springs and bushings are probably shot.

Tell him the most cost effective way would be to get front springs rear blocks....REALLY suggest the rear springs too.

Tell him about this sight, and maybe after reading some, that will change his mine too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

This is your chance to help keep the highways and your friend safe /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Yeah... NO FRONT BLOCKS!!!!! In his case (if he's not goin' w/ a 4"+ lift...) do an add-a-leaf.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

being cheap clouds peoples views on what is safe and legal.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There are VERY few lift laws in Illinois, but one is cut and try. It says that lift blocks up front are illegal.