Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Helping Bros Out!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gauder, Oct 8, 2005.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

O.K. Here's the thing guys, on another forum I belong to guys help each other send parts across the country to each other by driving them a certain distance until another member picks it up (this can help save money on shipping large items. I mean we have to stick together don't we?)

I propose we start doing this, and I will offer my services. I am located in Windsor, Ontario Canada (right across the border from Detroit Michigan, so I can help in fascilitating border crossing). What do you say guys?

The only thing I would ask is if I have to pay duty at the border crossing, that the buyer cover it. Maybe we could start a new division of the site of Brothers that help brothers out?

Yours in everlasting exhaust,
    Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I hear ya, but I would have to cover a major distance. I think I am the only one here from Newfoundland. Good idea tho. Our own form of fedex.

3. gauder

gauder Banned

Here's the first form of handshake, I'll meet you halfway!!!!!!! :bow:

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

There is always people driving up your way from Newfieland so it wouldn't be hard to send that way. Dam Rock, why do I live here again? But if I could ever help just let me know. That goes for anyone out there. I might have to drool on some of the rigs but that is ok. :D

5. gauder

gauder Banned

So us North Eastern Caunucks are ready to go. Come on boys, we can do this!!!!!!!!

6. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

I'm goin, to Springfield, Mo for Thanksgiving from Flagstaff, Az. If any body needs some smallish parts (biggest would be somthing like a t-case) hauled I'll volunteer my services. Just let me know. :D Hey fellas my wife reminded me that we will be going as far east as Poplar Bluff, Mo. (far S.E. Mo.)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

option to add to this thread. why dont we start doing this but see if the head man steave will add or change a dead section of the site to alow a place for all of use to post the travle info in there. just a idea.:D

8. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

If a volunteer gets free membership to CK5, I'm game.

9. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Ya, a message board named something like Travelling of something.

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

People post all of the time when they are travelling and ask if anyone has anything to haul from one place to another. Keep your eye open and you will notice that.

That said, are you talking about a "pony express" set up? No knock, but if I'm not headed somewhere already, at $3/gallon, with a full time job and 3 kids its rather unrealistic.

11. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

Totally agree - most of us drive gas hogs, cant really afford special long distance trips. If we are gonna go a couple hundred or thousand miles anyway might as well haul some parts. As a bonus we would get to meet members that we might not ever get an opportunity to otherwise! :grin:

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

guys do it all the time here ya just have to pay attention to the posts. :D

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i am in the same boat, if i am going some ware ill haul what ever, but if not i would need gas money, it seems to be the standered way it gets done.

that being said, i do go down to detroit every once and a while, and the members there know i do so i would haul parts if needed, but since there is only one other member in my aera, i doute it would ever be needed, if i even wanted to help him out.

14. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Ya I am pretty sure I cant help anyone being the only one from Newfoundland on here. But if anyone ever needs me just let me know.

15. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I havent seen any texas boy chime in yet so I guess im the 1st. I'll help out if I can.

Dustin