Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Henry, congratulations, you are the stupidest person alive. . .

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Jul 9, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Henry being my first name. You know those post in gas stations about 36-40" tall? Yeah, my hood is far too high for me to be able to see those 3-4 feet in front of me apparently. I completely nailed one today doin maybe 4-5mph well, normally a vehicle would have been badly damaged due the to middle of the post hitting the bumbper, well not my truck, it went OVER the post, bene the bumper back and seperated the body from the inner fender. Anyway I got stuck on the post, had to put it in 2 lo, and the first time instead of pulling off the post, i laid the nicest wheel i've ever done in that truck. the second time i jerked it, like i was pully somebody out and it bent everytrhing back out. Really ugly, but realistically i can probably beat it back in to semi normal shape. Thought I'd share my horrible stupidity with ya'll and warn ya'll about those damn things.

2. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

better than hitting a 36-40" tall kid /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Sorry im laughing...reminded me of when I had my 72 Landcruser. I got tired waiting in traffic and decided I would be a smarta$$ and take a shortcut thru a parking lot. I was going about 7-10MPH, cut between two cars thru an open parking spot only to realize the spot had a 40" pole in front. Before could hit the brakes, I nailed it, about threw me thru the windshield, busted the pole out of the ground and barely dented the front channel bumper.

Take a hammer and beat it back into shape /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Dont feel to bad I did the same thing about 5 years ago.
    The worst part it was in the summer and was talking to a real
    hottie in the store when she came out I was stuck on the pole.
    Did I feel like a dork. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. BowtieRed

yeah, i'm gald i already had my seatbelt on, DAMN it threw me, and one of my football coaches was watching me drive away!!! now he thinks i'm a dumb bad driving kid!!!

here's a list of stupuid things i've done to my truck in the last three days
    busted out right mirror backing out of driveway,
    run into pole,
    run out of gas. TWICE both times on the same road, both times maybe 1/4 mile from my house MAX,
    lost three dollars in the abyss of my enormous center console that may end up doubling as my living quarters when i leave home. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i was in the bank drive through line, when the teller told me she couldn't take care of me because my license expired. i told her it was still me in the picture-same address, she said she still couldn't do it.i got mad and turned into the poll.(now i look like a idiot), so to prove my anger i put it to the wood. i smashed the whole side of my truck.boy i showed her ??? DUH /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

.....Urban Wheeling 101 !!!

The professor is "IN" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Don’t feel so bad I just bought a used car trailer and used it for the first time some how I cut the wheel and wipe out the fender of the trailer bummer but it is time to fab up some removable ones and as a note for you people that see it at the UPC RUN I am claming I bought it that way and got a good deal for that /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

Dont fell bad, last weekend I backed the Grand National into a 36-40 FOOT tall telephone poll. Talk about a sick feeling. At least GM made tough bumpers in the 80's, because damage was minimal

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My wife has "mall carnage" on our Cherokee. She backed out of a parking spot and smushed the drivers rear side of the truck against a large concrete pole/support. Musta wedged the truck pretty good because she said she had to floor it to get unattached and she said the tire was smoking/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

She was all worried about what I was gonna say when I saw it...but I just laughed at her. First off it's just a Jeep, secondly I usualy do worse when I go wheeling so who am I to criticize?/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

11. BowtieRed

you know i was stuck hard when i got BOTH (idk how, it's an open diff!) 39x18 mickeys spinnin on concrete!if i can find my digicam i'll take a shot of the carnage and then try my hand at body repair /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

you know those concrete poles next to the order box at Mcdonalds drive thru's. my wife managed to run the entire side of a mini-van we were test driving against one! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif needless to say we didnt purchase that particular mini!

deck

13. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Hey, next time try a coke/pepsi machine, all that fizzing and bubbling would be extra exciting! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When I went to Tellico back in April, I unhooked the trailer from the superduty tryed to pull out while clearing a fence in front of me couldnt make it so i put it into reverse and backed into the side of my own trailer. Bent the tongue of the trailer, bent the bumper of the truck into the body causing the side of the bed to get a wrinkle in it above the wheel well. DUH!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Henry, congratulations, you are the stupidest person alive

[/ QUOTE ]
    Pretty close... but your wrong..

I'm the true Dumb Ars of all time. All others are simply imposters.

Case in point.

I'm was at work, busy as a mutha'. (I.E. running around like a crazed man) I've got 20 somthin' used car preinspections to get out before the weekend. Jump in this clean '98 C/K truck, start 'er up, fillip it in drive, slight increaseing right-hand turn while I'm giveing her the pedal...
    BAM !!!
    "WTF was that !??!!!"
    Thought I grabbed something with the rear bumper, rolled the window down to take a look and to my suprize..
    I see this friggin' light post dug into the L/F fender. Light post was still wigglin'. For only moveing 10 feet, I nailed that sucker pretty hard.
    Jumped out of the truck with a "SOB!" and hoped no-one saw it. Trurned around to get back in, just to see the U/C Manager right there. And he was not impressed.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Don't feel bad. One nite when I still had the 78 C30 duelie crew cab, I was at a local hang out spot, I droped the tailgate, and decided too back it up a few feet to be closer to the street. I didn't see the pole (Barely taller then the tailgate when down. Needless too say, I put a U shaped dent on the top of my tailgate. Not even 1 week out of the paint booth and already fawkered it up, LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Only a few weeks after I painted my Blazer I had the doors off, last week my friend says "you might want to move that door" 5 seconds later I knocked my new gas tank skid plate onto the door! 2 Little dents and scrathes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

While at the coart house last week I was waiting for a car to leave, whn he does I back up, well while waiting a car parked behind me and blocked me in.....so if you see a ford cop car in Phoenix with some white paint from a ford focus on the side...it wasen't me! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I did leave my card on the car, it had no damage but some new ford paint on it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

I knew my Wife 4 years before we got married. Before I took my vows, I made myself promise that one of the things I was going to have to live with was her smashing into stuff with the vehicles, no matter how nice the vehicle or how careful she tried to be.

We have always had a Full-Size Chevy Van of some sort, and she has hit everything from a guy's House AND Garage at the SAME TIME, to many many of those concrete-filled posts you guys are talking about. Every time she runs it down the entire side of the Van, which is Loooooong. I always ask, "How fast were you going that you couldn't stop before you damaged every single panel on the vehicle???"

The Van we have now has a ladder on one rear door and the spare tire mounted on the other. They work as impact-absorbing material now. She has hit so many things backing the van up that the ladder has buckled as far as it can and now the door has started to cave in. The spare tire carrier is all bent up, but the tire tends to take most of the impact. Several times I've thought of picking up new ones at the junkyard, but ask myself, "Why?" She'll just smash them in again.

For reasons stated above, she herself vowed to never drive my Malibu. On several occasions, she has got in it to move it either out of the garage or driveway. In the few FEET she has driven it over 11 years, she has managed to put a dent or scrape in EVERY panel on it. Again, all the way down the side of the car right up against the garage door frame... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

The best was when we were renting a V8 T-Bird in LA... She mangled the entire passenger side of it by scraping it down one of those posts at the gas station. When I saw it I thought for sure she had been T-Boned at an intersection. I thought it was impossible to do so much damage to a vehicle in a parking lot. I was on business, and they told me never to get the insurance on the rental car... 3 months later I get a call from accounting: "Scott, we got a bill from Hertz for $3500... Did you smash up a car in LA?" I said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that... Somebody hit it bad in the hotel parking lot." Larry says, "$3500 worth of damage in the parking lot???" Me- "Yup." Larry- "Uhm, OK." Luckily I was working my ass off and traveling all the time for them in a 'No-Traveling' job, so they pretty much let me get away with whatever I wanted on business trips. My attitude was, 'If you don't want me to spend a lot of money traveling, don't ask me to travel.'

Anyway, I still have a Sweeet '95 Z28 in nearly mint condition. She has actually driven it a lot and has not yet smashed it up. Every time she leaves the driveway in it though, I know it could come back dangling from a wrecker. It's only a matter of time. :sigh:

Now for MY stupid behavior... She had a really nice '89 S10 Blazer that had a perfect body on it, a really nice-looking truck. The first spring we had it, we spent about $500 having some rock chips and other paint touched up just to keep it looking really nice. I came home one day after a big snow and was showing off for my buddy, trying to climb the big snow pile at the corner of the drive. After the front end got on top of the snow, the rear kicked out, and I wedged my truck between hers and the snow pile... Duh... I got out and inspected without moving another inch, and all it did was put a small ding in her fender. Then she was so pissed she proceeded to put it in 4x4, reverse, and let it eat all the way out of the driveway. Scraped my fender all the way down the side of her freshly painted truck. If she had left it alone it would have been a simple ding that might have even popped back out and buffed out real nice. Instead she did another $1000 worth of damage. Imagine me explaining all that to the insurance agent... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif He said, "So what you're saying is somebody hit it in the mall parking lot." Me- "Yup." Barely scratched my own beater S10 Blazer of course.

The list goes on and on and on and on...

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Paint and Sheetmetal can be fixed or replaced. So far she keeps coming back alive, so it's all good, right?

Cheers,
    Scott

19. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

When I saw the title of the post, I freaked out!! I thought this post was about ME!! my name is Henry!! I was scared I did something to you!!

But if it makes you feal better, I did something similar also. I just painted the new box on a 4x4 supercab 8' box truck i picked up. 2nd time driving it. swung into the local gas station and smashed the 1/4 panel into one of those posts!! Not being used to the long wheelbase, i pulled in like I was in a blazer!! I didn't feal like a superhero that day!!