Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Herculiner and access hole for fuel pump help, ideas needed!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Jul 8, 2002.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I am planning to herculine the whole inside of my truck. I have one problem. I have cut a hole in my rear floor to gain access to my fuel pump. Right now I just have a piece of plywood screwed down on top of it.
    What are some ideas I can do where the herculiner will look good and I will still be able to open this access hole?
    Thanks!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Just herculine right over it, then score it with a razorblade after it's dry so it looks like one piece but actually has a seam there. </font color>

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

time to do it right.

4. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

you could just cut out a piece of sheetmetal a little bit bigger than the hole. (round of course so it'll look good)
    herculine it and you could use sheetmetal screws to hold it in or some of those nifty quick fasteners like they use on race car body work and motorcycles. you just turn them and they pop off. work great.

keith