Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

herculiner dash,door panels?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by joker89blazer, May 31, 2002.

1. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

what about repairing the gm dash that explodes into cracks from sunlight with a vinly dash repair kit and covering it with herculiner ? would herculiner stick to plastic ok ? work ok on door panels ?

2. buick528

buick528 Registered Member

I started doing this on mine.looks good,but if the dash is already cracked it doesn't fill in holes very good.

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I think its too rough to be that close to your arms. If you were bouncing around and scraped your arm down the door panel you could loose a couple pounds of flesh...

4. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

I made the (mistake ?) of putting herculiner on my door at the very top past the panel (on a 1dst gen) and found it made me a better driver! I keep both hands on the wheel now....elbows up to to keep em away from the 40 grit feel of the upper door panels.

Seriously, I havent found it to be much of a problem but in retrospect, rattle can would have been better.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Herculiner also fades in the sunlight and like the others have said it is somr rough stuff. I did the cargo area in mine and trying to crawl in the back with shorts on is murder on the knee caps.

6. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i did my my whole blazer in herculiner inside and out.the dash might be ok but i strongly urge you not to do the door panels(that is if you like having skin on your arms).this sh!t is coarse.when i'm wheelin i like to rest my arm on the door,if you hit a few good bumps look out.i've got many of raspberrys this way.also it does fade quite a bit looks kinda like a charcol color after a while.but its tough as hell.here's my webshots page if you want to check it out.

http://community.webshots.com/user/efilnikufecin