Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Herculiner vs. Chrome

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MuddNutz, Mar 25, 2004.

1. MuddNutz

MuddNutz Registered Member

Im selling my K5 project. I blacked out all the moldings, side mirrors, grill, etc.. to match my aftermarket bumpers. Im taking the aftermarket bumpers off to sell, and want to put the factory chrome back on. But I think it would look really dumb with the bumpers being the only chrome on a tan and black blazer. I want to use up some remaining herculiner to cover over the chrome, but I dont think it will adhere too well. Ive stratched it up good with wire brushes and sandpaper. Anyone got any good ideas how I could possibly get the herculiner to stick? I thought about spraying some sort of adhesive solution, then herculining over that, but Id rather get some opinions first. How can I black out my factory chrome bumpers??

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Scratch the hell out of them with sandpaper and then clean them off real good to get the dust off

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would just have them re chromed along with a few other things and it would match fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Chrome bumpers look SWEET on a all black truck.... But if you want to herculiner it get a sheet of med. emery cloth and just go to it, should be pretty easy with emery cloth