Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Herculiner vs ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, May 14, 2001.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I went to pepboys today. I was going to buy the herculiner kit. It was 99.95 for the kit and 29.99 for each extra Qt. I have been told I will need 2 xtra qts to do my truck. There was a display for "duplicolor". They have a bedliner kit that is 49.99 for the kit and 17.95 for each qt. 1/2 the cost. The guy there said it's the same stuff. anybody ever used/heard of this stuff?

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Duplicolor = Duplishit . . . that explains all Its extremely cheap and wears and peels off and isnt worth your money . . .

- SlyDog [​IMG]

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Duplicolor works fine on the inside...outside I wouldn't use it.....although for now due to cost I am going to do my hood in it. So I will really test how well it works. You have to prep the surface quite well. Strip it down to the metal or whatever you are attaching it too. Then scuff the surface quite well so it can bond with it. Wipe it down with a solution so it's clean and allow that to dry. Then roll it on. Let it dry and roll on another coat. Don't do it too thick...that's it down fall. Too thick it peels off. Too thin and it chips. I found two evenly appiled coasts worked great on the inside....! By the way, you can get black Herculiner for $69.99 if you call around. Sam's club gets it in....so do other places if you check!

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

4. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

I don't think you need to go to bare metal. I did the back of my 2000 dodge ram ( I know it is not a chevy ) but anyway I just used 80 grit sand paper to get the clear coat off, rub it down with acitone and rolled on the liner. That was about a year ago. Still looks great. And this last weekend I picked up my 3/4 ton axle set up. A couple of scratches but what the hell those axles weigh a ton. But anyway my point is I didn't go to bare metal and my liner is not peeling and is holding up great. I used herculiner and would use it again.