Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Herculiner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 15, 2000.

Thanks for the tips, I went ahead and painted my cap with Herculiner and I think it turned out really well. I got it for about $80 plus a gallon of asetone? for $13 to clean up the mess. It wasn't difficult to apply but it seemed as if I had to do it quickly because the Herculiner got thicker. I bought the kit that was recomended for a six foot bed and I barely even used half of the gallon for two compleate coats. I will have to go back over the rubber holding the window to clean up a few spots. If I can recommend anything, its wear gloves. I did but still managed to get some on my hands and it still has not come off. I hope this can help anyone interested.
    <font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

1. 77K-5

77K-5 Registered Member

Had the same prob... just drinch your hands with that asetone and it comes right off..

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

ACETONE.........[​IMG]

get some pics for us to see!!

shaggyk5

aint nuthin like a heavy chevy!!

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I just recently did the same paint job on my rig i like the way it looks a lot more than than orginal tan color I've been painting the interior and redoing all of the insulation and rewiring my truck for a new stereo set up i've been taking picts all along when i get done, or finish a roll of film. i plan on posting them on a web page. the worst thing about the herculiner is getting some one your hands and relizing that you need to a second coat later :( but it was all worth it.
    anthony