Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

here is a cute SUV poll

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudfanatic, May 19, 2000.

1. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

http://earthsystems.org/issues.html#poll
    I wonder how the greenies are going to like the looks of this...
    I would have put this in the land use areas but I am afraid that not many of you go there and this is a green site with excellent results to a stupid question[​IMG]
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

2. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

That's funny Mud!There are so many more people that dig the "S.U.V."(whatever that is-I have a 4X4).I just hope they'll get the hint one of these days.SOON too!

<font color=red>Wanna'keep wheelin? Get involved!
    Check the "Land Use" section of this board.</font color=red>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Did you get a username and password and login to their site? Jeez...those freaks have a forum for every cause you could ever hope to fight. They probably have closets at home chock full of old pickets and signs, save this, save that. Wake up and save what you can folks, the really important stuff like common sense.

R&R is what I need
    Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

4. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

Saving the earth is great, but here's my 2 cents;

a)commercial vehicles are on the road all day every day, but the don't have to pass rediculous pollution tests because the can lobby/bribe officials to keep them exempt because they stand to loose billions if their vehicles had to run as clean as ours.

b)Tree hugging hippie in a Japanese 4 cyl. beer can on gocart tires falls asleep driving home from a long day of stealing animals from a medical research lab and crosses the double yellow. Coming in the other direction is me in my truck. We collide head on. I don't care who did more to save the world, it's who's left to play with it that matters in the end.

People should figure out what issues are important for themselves, not be passionate about the ones the media and government tell them are important.

OK, soapbox is back in closet.

Troy

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

On the side of the commercial vehicles.

You also dont see the ridiculous costs that we have to pay. We get double taxed on fuel(pay tax at the pump and then again to the gov't - IFTA)
    The fees on a semi's license paltes for a year are around $2200.....
    The gov't watches every mile and hour we run. Thats how they calculate the extra fuel tax.
    There are also Fed. Excise tax plus, many other taxes and fees that I did not include.

So I trust me, commercial people pay their fair share plus.

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I understand the point on the taxes issue, but that's not what keeps the air clean. I actually called the state DOT about a truck I always saw that smoked like a house fire. They told me there are NO pollution control regulations for large vehicles, and none planned for the forseeable future. BUT, we "smaller" vehicle drivers (8500 lbs. GVW and less) are constantly forced to endure more and more ridiculous emissions regulations, just so large corporations, utility and chemical companies, commercial vehicle makers, and anyone else with lots of lawyers and political clout can continue to be the NUMBER ONE CAUSE of atmospheric pollution on earth.

That's what really pi$$es me off...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

7. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

Trust me Mike, I know the gov't screws you guys just like everyone else. My uncle drives for a living and he's told me what he pays. I'm not blaming you. if my trucks didn't have to pass emissions I wouldn't worry about it either. But here in Ga. they passed a law a few years back changing emissions so that all cars that ever had cats had to pass. Up untill then it was only 10 yrs old, or something like that. I know people that can't get to work because their rustbuckets aren't legal now and they can't afford to fix them or buy something newer. But AAACooper is still out there without a care in the world. A v6 pinto will outrun my 98ram because it doesn't have all that crap on it (and weights a few pounds less) and God only knows what that added to the cost of the truck. 230hp out of a 360 something! I paid 25000 for that!?!? What was I smoking?

Sorry, major tangent. Anyway my point was if you want to save the ozone layer do what's best for the ozone layer, not what's best for the media, government, big business, me, you, etc, etc...

Besides, the ozone layer can kiss my ... Don't have or want kids, and the pack a day I smoke will kill me long before global warming, skin cancer, or some other crap.

Sorry about the rant, gotta throw away that soap box or steer clear of anything related to politics.

(The views expressed in this progam do not necessarily express the views of anyone)

Troy

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

my company runs 6 trucks and we have 22 trailers...we pay out the ass in reg, taxes, and fuel tax....we spend about 100000just for all the fees every year..last year our profit was 25 bucks...we can bearly make it with all the fees...we are about to go under (well the trucking part of the buss...we also manufacture trailers)..but even with that it hurts to pay that much a year\

Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

9. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I just put my no vote in. It was 94% no and 6%yes when I left. That'll give them something to think about. Actually, probably hide and lie about. Oh yeah, and about the ozone layer, did you know it is self healing. Everyone has seen the NBC Dateline studies where they show the little ozone molecules breaking up into peices and causeing the greenhouse affect. Right? Well, what they don't show is what those little pieces do later. As anybody who took basic physics knows, they will eventually bump into another molecule and form back together. BOOM! A new molecule of ozone. Mt Vesuvius in Italy every year releases more chloraflouracarbons than mankind has since we figured out that hitting flint on another rock makes sparks. So why isn't every person in Italy a puss festering cancer patient wishing to die? Because it doesn't happen the way they say it does. It's all fake science. Learned all this on the Rush Limbaugh and G Gordon Liddy shows. Then I asked my uncle, a professor at a certain college that just won the NCAA basketball championships, and several well educated people that I know about it. They all agreed that it makes sense that is what would happen. Like they suddenly started thinking about what the greenies were saying, and realized it was a crock of s*^t. To bad no one in the TV media believes us. Okay, I'm getting off my box now. Wait, you can't take my gun after I'm dead. Cause then my wife or kids will have it! Okay, now I'm done.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's