Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Here is a New one, I am Upset.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Dec 16, 2002.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I have a question for all you, what would you do if this happened to you?/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I was nice enough set up pick up and transport some 36" swampers to my families’ lake house for a guy and he was supposed to pick them up. I have given the person 4 or 5 times to get these, be they are still there. This past weekend I went down to this house thinking that this guy would be there to get this stuff, but something came up again. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have had these tires and rims for the last 6 months and always a different story. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The tires are on the garage for my house and this is where we store our tools and summer toys. Those of you know me know I am not one to get upset /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif that easy, but I am this time. I have given my dad the $55 for delivering /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif the tires to the lake that I was going to get from this guy when he picked them up. Not that $55 is a Huge deal to me but know I have drove my blazer /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif 500 miles twice to meet him and pick these thing up. Now the real bad part of the guy that I was going to meet at our house, I will not be able (or any one in my Family) to go to this house till at least May. My sister, wife’s sister, and my Wife are all due in the spring. Plus the only other person that could be there is dealing with a Grandfather that is having more problems with alstimers. (Sp?) What do you think he should do with these or tell the guy? Thank you for your input. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Also, I will not name the guy but if he want to say any thing he can fell free to.

Sorry not trying to be an @$$ hole
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: Here in a New one, I am Upset.

<font color="green"> Sounds like you aren't the a$$hole here. I assume that this guy is a member on the site here?
    </font color>

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

Re: Here in a New one, I am Upset.

i think he know about the sight, this is realy the only sight i have met other for differnt places on. but some from Pirirt and other from Yahoo sights. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

no one has any input?

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

well if your only out the $55, your time, and your gas $$ then I'd give him a notice and make some arrangement and if he dosen't come thru the last time I'd say the tires are yours.....

6. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you got yourself a set of tires.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I guess I misuderstood the post. So he bought some tires, and you picked them up for him? If that's the case I'd say give him notice that they need to be picked up by a specific date, on your terms. If not, then he has forfeited them and they are yours. </font color>

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

The way I see this you are not running a storage garage and shipping business play some hard pall with this guy give him a dead line because as long as you have his tires you are responsible and that is unfair to you and on top of that if this guy is making you stay at home to meet him that your time lost /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Good luck and I hope it goes well for you
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

tell him if they are there after "X" amount of time you are selling him. make sure he understnads it and if over the phone record it, make sure he knows it is being recorded. if he doesnt follow through and you sell them and he tries to take you to court you have proof that you gave him ample time. then the money you sold them for was to pay for storage, driving time and costs and then the origonal 55 bux.
    if it were to go to court under those conditions you would win without a second thought on the judges part.
    Grant

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i am the quilty culprit here /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

basically everything brett said is true, bought the tires in august, we have been supposed to meet 3 times in disney oklahoma when brett was going wheeling; once i couldn't get out of work, once the truck i was going to borrow broke down before i could borrow it, and this last time it was just not feasible financially for me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, a fact i learned after brett had already left
    i do appreciate brett picking them up for me and have pm'd him about this, i don't want any hard feelings because i am sure we will both be at disney sometime in the future /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if they have to sit until may, so be it, i cannot get upset about it because i didn't take care of it sooner, it is my own fault, and i don't think you are being an @$$hole

11. WakeBoard&4X4er

I have been thing on how to reply to this, and i think i will go with this. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I will let you know when i will be there the next time, might be May might be June. I will not know for sure but i will let you know. if you do not pick them up at that time they will be mine. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif When you get the tires i will expect the $55 for what i have given my Dad for driving them from Wichita to OK. If you would like for Good Faith /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif you could bring me some Extra parts you might have or some extra Cash for all the probs. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I would not have gone down to the Clean up run if i had known you would not have been there. Not saying it was not fun, but i just had some other stuff i could have been doing like getting the Room ready for Emerson’s Room. I would not say that I am pissed /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, just upset. There is only a few times that I have been Pisses off at some one, that is when I found out that a “Friend” /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif broke in to my Honda in HS and stolen my system, and when I loaned my Skateboard to a guy and he did not ever retune it /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

I would like to thank you all for your input, and Jeff for coming forward on the board for all this.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Hey Jeff, Are you still trading your blazer for that pick up and dodge dana 60 if so I will pick up the tires and drive them to you in exchange for the D60 I will even throw in a 100$ for ya!! He, He,. Your a good man for saying your sorry to Brett, I know all about the financial problem thing been there done that.

13. fourwheelerjeff

thanks, brett, i appreciate it, i will make it up to you, i don't know how or what, but will try to figure something out, i have a skateboard if that will help /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

seriously, i do feel bad about this and if i was in your shoes i would be wondering wth also, and hopefully we will get a chance to wheel together someday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. fourwheelerjeff

i believe we are still planning it, i believe we are just waiting til after the first and seeing how things are going /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

i thank you for the offer, but i already have plans for the 60; truck is going back to one ton and 8+3 and some 39's, /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

i am sorry to brett, my eyes are sometimes bigger than my stomach ya' know, and i bought these when the money was better, then the ot was cut out at work and things went in the crapper, but hopefully after the first i have a jeep and truck sold so maybe i can pay some bills off and scale back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I tried, I'll get one someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Too bad I am not taking a truck to Oklahoma with me. I go right past Disney on my way to Grove, OK. If I were to pick those up for you Jeff, I would have to thank you for lifting my truck and putting tires on it for free! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Justin

17. WakeBoard&4X4er

"Grove, OK"
    what are you going there for?
    that is closer to my Lake house then Diz is.

18. fourwheelerjeff

can't that h0#*@ pull a trailer, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

stop on by, i can hook you up with the shocks too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

type out a letter telling him when he HAS to pick up his tires and if he doesnt your goiing to sell them, keep them or whatever you want to do with them. make it really nice and official looking. then send it registered mail to his house. If he doesnt pick up the tires do whatever you want with them. then if he comes bitching about it you can say you told him what was gonna happen and he has it in writing. also keep a copy of the letter in case he trys to take u to court or something(just to cover your A$$).