Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

here is my 79k5 nothing special

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rerun93, Jan 4, 2005.

1. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

though i would share waht iam driving. nothing speical 350/th350 4.56gears and the rest of the stuff i dont know as far as transfer case or axles(as far as i know its stock). but its got a 4" lift and its my first 4wd i have ever owned. gonna do a steering gear box frame repair kti and support next week after i get the parts in. and prob a 2" body lift along with 35's when my 33's tread goes down a bit anyways tell me what u guys think i picked it up for 2k. also anyideas on what mods i could do. its a daily driver but i wnat to build it to be strong so i can wheel with it.

Picture 036.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

Picture 053.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think you got a good deal! Truck looks to be in nice shape for a '79. T-case should be an NP203, hurst shifter and positions called "Hi-loc" and "Lo-loc".

Honestly I'd wheel it as is, get some seat time and have some fun. Upgrade whatever you break. Too many guys go into hardcore build mode too quickly...hell I've done it to myself. Wheeling it will also show you where the best place to spend your money will be.

Rene

3. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

no body lift

I would 86 the 2" body lift and maybe go with the 1" body lift, switch it over to a six spring lift and the 35's will fit good. I think body lifts are more of a pain than there worth and dont like the way they look either. Just my .02, but it is a nice truck and it looks like you got a good deal....

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ditto tRustyK5. Looks good for the year......so go out and get some tin damage!

Like he says, get some seat time but mind where you go with those tires!:waytogo:

5. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

yeah i have already had a bit of issues with my tires not bein noby enough in the snow. even air'd down that suck balls