Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Here is some pics of Blazekraze's new Electric Fan setup!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cmoe, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Here is some pics of Blazekraze\'s new Electric Fan setup!

Jerry's Fans web page

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Here is some pics of Blazekraze\'s new Electric Fan setup!

That is nice . How does it run ? A day like today would of been a great test /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just a suggestion, but I'd cut out holes in the aluminum above and below the fans, if it seems to be struggling at speed.

Fans look like they are right up against the radiator which is good of course, and have integral shrouds, so holes in the metal will only help cooling.

Only mentioning because of the prevalence of cooling problems people seem to have.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

pauly383k10, he's driving it to work today and we'll see what happens. One of the fans is a 2 speed and the other is a single speed. Right now the wiring is do that the low speed of dual speed fan turns on with ignition the other fan is constant power with thermastate controlled (195 deg.), and the high speed on the dual fan is going to be controlled by eather a switch or/and A/C clutch.

dyeager535, Thanks for the suggestion, but it is really about 2" from the radiator and the shrould is bent to cover the radiator. If it seams like he finds hot spots than that may be a way to go.

5. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

The way the shroud is designed, will cause the air to be drawn through the radiator directly in front each fan and not through the full radiator surface. This can be tested by holding a piece of yarn in front to the radiator when the fans are on to locate where the air is being drawn through and where is not. Additionally the shroud will act as a dam restricting the normal air flow from vehicle speed. It will probably work, but could be more efficient.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Mine is about that far as well, and is also open top and bottom.

Once I instlled the setup, I was worried that perhaps it wouldn't cool efficiently, but so far, that is not the case.

I will be heading to AZ in August however, so we'll see how well it REALLY works at that point. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Drove it today 15 miles each way and never went higher than 185-190* and looks like I'm gonna have to adjust/calibrate the thermostat switch since the second fan never kicked in at 195*, adjust it to kick in at 185* prolly. Keep in mind the temp was 105+ outside today. Looks like I won't have a need for the second speed on the second fan /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    I'm very happy with the results looks wise and performance wise, the fan behind the shroud look was C'moes idea, it gives it a much cleaner look. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Glad it went well Blazekraze. I'm heading out of town tomarrow. Talk with ya over the weekend!

9. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

bling masters