Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Here ya go guys...design my front bumper

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Sep 16, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Lookin for help here, some body post pics or use my pic and draw on it, if I use the design.. I will buy a blubie of your choice a membership . /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[​IMG]

get to work, needs a reciever, close to body and accomidate a 3 inch body lift /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Here is my old front bumper and exocage. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What else are you looking for? And what style? Are you adding a winch (receiver)? Lights? Pre-runner, Push, high and tight? If you want to look at mine e-mail me and we can meet some where? I can tell you what I like and dislike about mine.... 62xlch@arizonanet.zzn.com

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

What- nobody want to get a Blewbie onboard or what?

[​IMG]

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd like to see one that looked like that...kinda. Mount a winch and lose the silly bar on the top.

That's how I want to design mine, I just wish I knew how to draw it up so it'd be strong enough.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

7. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd like to see one that looked like that...kinda. Mount a winch and lose the silly bar on the top.

That's how I want to design mine, I just wish I knew how to draw it up so it'd be strong enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never mentioned it needing a winch mount...now I gotta redesign...The one I was making looks a lot like borregos with wraparound fender armor on the corners. I was thinking on my rig (I am using this design when I build my bumper) of having 2 small receiver holes in the front. I could then make a mount that could slide in for a winch or homemade single receiver. When not running the winch both holes will have square tubing with D rings for recovery. This double hitch setup could also be used with a slide in tray to carry something like a power generator for that back woods construction on the hunting lodge. It would be tied into the frame behind the hitch as well using a custom made crossmember to provide stability. Unfortunatly my paintshop skills suck so a pic of it is doubtful.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I didn't start this thread, I just hijacked it.

9. supersize75

no winch mount, I want to use a multi mount, so just have a reciever on there, lights and d rings are good too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. supersize75

very nice, but how the hell would I make it? Or what of, looks like alot of work...explain here Mike /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I like the design alot, but it may be over my head, AI will post a pic with no bumper and post it today for ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Actually, building that is much easier than you think. If you take a piece of 2"x6" rectangle tubing and cut it in half at the edge, you create 2 L shaped peices. If you drop one side down about 6" you have created the complete center section between the frame rails as shown here:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you take it a step further, you can use the same technique to make the edges of the bumper, cutting the top down to a triangle which lets the edges fold in. Weld it together and you have an instant skid bumper which looks good and takes a ton of abuse! I've been using the frame rail only version of this design to mount my edge tubing to, I'm just now expanding to the full version as shown on your truck now that my body lift is gone! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

How about this? Sorry about the crude Paint drawing. Somethign similar to ORD's first bumper... Yellow parts are tubing. The grey area is a piece of Alum. for a skid plate that lines up with the shackle hangers. The red is where the receiver comes out from the frame area and the black is just where I covered up the origianl bumper in the pic.

[​IMG]

13. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    How about a beefy bumper made of 2-3" tubing plated with 1/4". Then, a brush guard and wrap arounds made of 1" tubing. It's kind of the old Australian Roo Guard style like ARB used to make to protect those in the outback from incoming kangaroos. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    here:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] that is the cleanest I've ever seen your truck mike! And look at the tread on those tires!!!

15. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

I forgot to add the chrome DRings... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. muddhawg

muddhawg Registered Member

How about boxed at frame for multi mount with factory tow hooks, and pre runner above, that will give you killer depature angle, and strength for the winch, and also hide the front frame rails, not to mention keep the weight light, and can be built to go with body lift.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol cybrfire, thats a-team-o-riffic! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

18. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

Im not sure this is how i wanted it to look, but here ya go. This sort of what ive wanted for a while. Kinda weird, but i think it would be badass. [image]c:/mydocuments/320728_55_full.bmp[/image]

19. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

ok, how do i post pics!? LOL

20. supersize75