Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Here's a Good Quote..................

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here\'s a Good Quote..................

Heard this on NPR tonight during an interview with a worker from the Cleveland Elections Board:

"People who don't pay attention to politics tend to vote democrat."

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Re: Here\'s a Good Quote..................

Scary! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Heard this on NPR tonight during an interview with a worker from the Cleveland Elections Board:

"People who don't pay attention to politics tend to vote democrat."

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent! Kerry should win then! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I love all this "factual" information! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Spoken by a true Republican...already trying to make excuses for the soon to be upset.

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Ya know, if the dem's would have nominated Joe Lieberman, I would have voted for him, but he's too "middle of the road" and has too large of cajones to be a good puppet for the party.

John

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Spoken by a true Republican...already trying to make excuses for the soon to be upset.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I had a democrap tell me the other day I should vote Democrat cause if he went to the high school right then he could find tons of kids voting for Kerry. Wow a bandwagon argument? thats awesome... I could find a ton of potheads in my school too, should I be smoking up?

7. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Well, smoke it if you got it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Im no fan of the bandwagon thing either. Everyone has to make their own decisions, and choose as wisely as possible. "Just because you dont take an interest in politics, does not mean politics will not take an interest in you." I forgot who said that, but I like that line. I use it on all of my "bury my head in the sand" friends who dont even vote.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the guy didn't say what he was, but my guess is that the guy who said this was actually a Democrat.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'll bet any left winger any amount of $ they want to bet that if you did nation-wide scientific testing you'd find that conservative voters are more informed/aware about national politics than liberal voters. Ever heard Sean Hannity's "man on the street" segments? good lord. These people don't even recognize the vice president when they see his picture, but they sure know who britney spears is and that Bush sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

j

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

just read your sig, and you can be PRO LIFE and PRO WAR because pro life means giving a brand new person a chance, and pro war means YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE NOW YOU PAY!! see how easy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thats kinda like most of the Anti-War are Pro-Choice and Anti-Death Penalty /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Quit Breeding, Start Killing RJ '04

13. boggerless

hard to figure out isn't it. FLIP FLOP /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif lets kill an unborn child BUT that guy that murdered six people deserves a second chance(he was raised in poverty, and his daddy done left him)so fookin what? my parents divorced when i was 10,that doesn't make me a victom.but then theres, >>> WAA WAA it's not my fault i skipped school,stole a car, robbed a store,took drugs, it's societys fault. so there /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif does it sound dumb yet? democrats play on the victom [censored],and of course every race and special interest group that cries they are victoms vote democrat. PRESIDENT BUSH might not use fifty dollar words but the world respects him(at least they know he means bus). CLINTON on the other hand was a joke,the world laughed at us when he was impeached for lying.and loseing the respect of his wife and daughter for a blob. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. boggerless

i think you could do it on that platform, i'd vote for ya /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I have very mushily defined political understanding, but I belive a WHOLE LOT of problems could be solved by a culural trend towards small families and adoption over ....*whatstheword*..... humping? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No one should HAVE to die

Good birth control and education minus cultural and religios stigma plus proper morality would wipe abortion off the worlds lexicon

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'd have a lot less of a problem with legal abortion if it wasn't the birth control of choice of the irresponsible and uneducated. Women who are very sexually active, know they can get pregnant and yet take NO preventative measures (and no, asking the guy if he remembered to bring a rubber dont cut it) and then turn around and kill the kid to cover up their own deficiencies make me sick.

j

17. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    PRESIDENT BUSH might not use fifty dollar words but the world respects him(at least they know he means bus).

[/ QUOTE ]
    I disagree. The "world" does not respect our President, but they sure as hell fear him. Respect can be lost, yet fear lasts forever. I'd much rather be feared than respected. At least with fear, you know EXACTLY where the other stands. Under Clinton, the world laughed at us, now who's laughing?

John