Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heres a idea i have been kicking around...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by armyfiredawg, Jul 17, 2006.

1. armyfiredawg

armyfiredawg Registered Member

So I was thinking of something I can do with my rear bench seat. Take it out, put two buckets and a ice chest cooler for a center consol. Anyone done this and if so got pictures?

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

B4 heading south for the Baqja 1000 in '03 my co-dog installed his Subadrew seats in my '79 with one of those mid sized coolers btwn them. Cooler was roughly a 25-30 qt. size. Sorry, no pics of it.
    As to living with it like that, for road trips like that it was awesome. Nothing like having cold beverages right under your inside arm rest. :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

3. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

For my last K5 [which I no longer have and don't have any pictures unfortunately] I did something like this. I built a rectangular metal frame out of 1"x1" 1/8"wall square tube. To this I attatched two race seats and a pair of ammo cans for a center console. I used the original hook for the seat to flip up and replaced the front hinge point with removable pins. This made for easy removal of the whole thing for hauling.