Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heres a power ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oatsk5, Jan 26, 2003.

1. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

A guy my old man works with was tellin him bout a power gain trick but we question it and would like some input heres the idea he says that every fill up he adds one moth ball to the tank and swears that it makes mad power and theres nothing on the road that will touch him (ie furd v8) what do you guys think ? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I think you use moth balls to **** up your engine. I wouldnt do it if I were you.

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

if I remember right they will turn in to a milky like substance and clog up your fuel lines. but if you want
    to know for sure get a jar with some gas in it and drop a few in and see what happens. at least that's what I would do

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I think your ferd guy has been sucking in to much of his moth ball infected exaust fumes!! and now just his brain is going slower, giving him the Illusion of going faster!

5. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

Ive heard that one before. I belive they claim it suposed to be an octain boster, but I would never try it.dont forget octain acualy drops your power if you dont need it not to mention what the moth balls may clog

6. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

ill be the guinne pig, im gonna go stuff a box in my GSXR, and then ride it out in the 3 degree weather. well maybe not.

7. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thats what we were thinkin but im gonna try the jar /gas /moth ball and see but im not gonna try it in the motor to questionable thanx for the imput. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Even if the moth ball upped the octane like claimed, it would not help at all.
    High octane gas is for engine that require higher preignition resistance. As a rule of thumb, our trucks can swig the 87 swill because of the lower CR.
    -- Mike

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Mothballs are an old dragracer trick.I've heard they have changed the way m-balls are made now and they stop filters up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif