Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heres my take on all this war stuff...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, Mar 22, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im not saying im againsnt the war..becuase i do think we should go to war....BUT...has any one ever sat back and thought..what are we REALLLYY fighting about? of course you can come up with that answer quick, and just simply say why, becuase of sadam, yadayada...but i mean i just dont get why this stuff starts in the first place!i guess its just becuase there are some simply sick people in this world that really dont know what there doing. and we have to stop it. (which it will never be stopped..this stuff will go on forever)...but i mean i wish i could just ask them all...whats it REALLY is going to prove or acomplish in the end? you know what i mean? i dunno im just rambling so ill stop now..

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

read my post from my 6 year old- she explains it pretty well.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

its not that i dont understand why we are going to war..i know its for safty...i guess what my point was...was that i wish people didnt have to do such rediculas pointless horrible things to begin with. but thats like a dream world so...but i dont see why people get mad at our country and this stuff happens to begin with..(like with 9-11)

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well, I think a big part of us actaully going into Iraq is because of oil and money. Not really our, as americans, safety. I mean, from what i hear/see, he has capabilities of chemical and biological weaponry, yes. But it can't reach us. If anyhting he'd strike israel. Its North Korea we should be more worried about since they actaully have missles that can reach us. But thats the whole reason we ARENT attacking them. Doesnt that seem kind of weird? We're aattacking people who are a "threat" but only becuase we know they cant retaliate and fire nukes at us. we ARENT attacking the actaull threats in north korea simply becuase they CAN attack us.

And as to why others hate us... maybe its the same reason we attack them. We see them as a threat and tyrannous. Thats how they view us... after all we are sending ground troops into there. and continuously bombing them. Thats just as bad as 9/11 is it not? look at it through their eyes and not just our own.
    And yes im aware that saddamm is insane and has killed all his own people, He should be put out of power... but not through war. There should be some other way.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    .i guess what my point was...was that i wish people didnt have to do such rediculas pointless horrible things to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Until the human race is exterminated/extinct, there will always be horrible things happening. We are the biggest fawkheads on the planet and no matter how evolved a group of people are (Americans vs. African tribesman), there's always gonna be problems caused by humans. Nothing we can do about it except nuke ourselves.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i know what you mean. its really hard to imagine that...becuase we are really lucky that way....we live in the safest most prowerfull country. we never have really had to go through troops walking through our front yards...

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I understand what you're saying. I think about this a lot too. What drives the issue so far it's worth putting our own people's lives on the line for?
    My take is that it's because of a few things, hang while I don my potential flamesuit;
    1. Saddam must be removed. He will not back down, and continues to try to arm himself and make himself a bigger threat. (This is only a 2 line reason, but removing Saddam from power solves a whole bunch of problems).
    2. Saddam is an indirect threat to our safety. He promotes and encourages the bad things that make their way to us or may make thier way to us.
    3. Is oil possible? certainly, the news people seem to hop up and down when they think there's another oil field burning, and talk about how important it is for troops to get over and put the fires out. There's going to have to be some interesting dodgeball, though, for us to profit from that oil. Don't think the world's not going to be watching us like a hawk when we're controlling an arab oil field, and people keep throwing this crap about Bush and Cheney being former oil men out on the floor...
    4. Control of more of the mideast. Iraq isn't a pipsqueak little country you can ignore (notice how we're at "war" with them). We have a significant say in afghanistan, probably indefinately, and if we take control of Iraq, we'll have a good chunk of mideast real estate in our pocket. China and Russia (I think our two most formidable possible opponents) can't necessarily claim that, and if they tried, they'd be seen through in a heartbeat. Not meaning we can do whatever we want there, but there's a little more positive influence in our peace effort between palestine and isreal, and an opportunity to create good bit less anti-american sentiment in the region.

Ok, going to put up another coat of spackle.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

part of the reason for attacking iraq is to stop them from becoming another North Korea. It looks likely that the poor people of north korea will continue to be screwed for years to come. once the bad guys have the really cool weapons, there isnt much u can do. All the more reason to hit em early. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats what one of my friends say... but its too unpredictable... becuase if you think about it, pakistan and india have nukes. But they are friendly, more or less, to the rest of the world right now. But if some psycho came into power they will already have nukes and we'd be in a scrwed posiiton. why? cause ALOT of people hate us. That could be for many diff reasons, maybe because we're #1, maybe cuase we're imperialists ( why do we have embassies everywhere but there are no forighn embassies here?)

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    why do we have embassies everywhere but there are no forighn embassies here?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think you need to get your facts strait. There are forighn embassies from all over the world here. There are a few countrys that do not have them here such as Cuba.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    becuase if you think about it, pakistan and india have nukes. But they are friendly, more or less, to the rest of the world right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Except to each other. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I second that. I have a budy from India that says Pakistan is just as Evil as Iraq...

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Oh yeah. Apparently some people don't keep up on world events like they should. Those two fawkwad countries have been "fighting" for the last few years and for those that don't know, it almost got terminal, what 2 years ago? I'm sure most people would be surprised to know there are currently 20-something wars ongoing on this planet right now.

14. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There should be some other way.

[/ QUOTE ]
    see thats just the thing. there really is no other way. like being said just take action before its too late and bad things happen to us. i hate to say this or think like this but its either us or them. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

jacob

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, I think a big part of us actaully going into Iraq is because of oil and money. Not really our, as americans, safety. I mean, from what i hear/see, he has capabilities of chemical and biological weaponry, yes. But it can't reach us. If anyhting he'd strike israel. Its North Korea we should be more worried about since they actaully have missles that can reach us. But thats the whole reason we ARENT attacking them. Doesnt that seem kind of weird? We're aattacking people who are a "threat" but only becuase we know they cant retaliate and fire nukes at us. we ARENT attacking the actaull threats in north korea simply becuase they CAN attack us.

[/ QUOTE ] North Korea isn't really a threat. By announcing everything to the world, and putting on displays like they have, it's all a ploy for more aide. It's a game goverments play. Give it time, North Korea will disarm in agreement for billions of dollors in aide. Now someone like Saddam Hussien wouldn't announce it to anybody if he had the ability like North Korea has. He would keep it totally secret, and he would use those weapons !!!!!!!!

16. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah. Apparently some people don't keep up on world events like they should. Those two fawkwad countries have been "fighting" for the last few years and for those that don't know, it almost got terminal, what 2 years ago? I'm sure most people would be surprised to know there are currently 20-something wars ongoing on this planet right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i know they are hostile to each other... but they arent making threats to the U.S. or other countries as far as i know.
    I'm not saying im against the war, cause i know that isolationism will **** over the world. Just like after WWI and the League of nations. We didnt want to get involved and what happened... WWII.
    There should be another way, but of course thats just idealism and ittle never happen.

17. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Unless you count the American Revolution, and one of the reasons we have the Third amendment to Constitution.

More on this post and others like it...
    No rational person wants to fight a/in war, however some people aren't rational. War has been fought for every possible reason over last 2,000 years; land, women, apple tree's, honor etc. War becomes more complex and harder to understand as peoples awarness increases, and the impacts of war affect more players on the global level.

As to our current war you here people say its about NBC weapons, oil money, democracy, etc.
    Heres a few things to think about.

-U.S. controlled Iraqi oil fields would not have the output to meet our current demand. IF we took every drop of oil out of Iraq for our own use, Opec and the other oil producing nations would just decrease thier production levels, driving the price per barrel up to apoint that would sustain thier current economic standing.

-NBC(weapons of mass destruction). The fear that he has them and would pass them on to other people. What would stop him from giving it to someone that wanted to do harm to the U.S, or any nation for that matter. Not a damn thing, he doesnt need the money.

- Democracy/freedom. Iraq is in a position that many of the other nations in this postion are not, such as the mentioned N.Korea, Pakistan, and India. They are actually, a very modern, educated nation with a source of income to support a better life style. The People are violently oppressed, and by most accounts they are ready for a change.

So which one is it? Probally a mixture of the above plus somethings i didn't add or know about. Decisions like these aren't easy, we can't and shouldn't know all the info that decisions like this are made on.

I'm tired of typing and will leave it there for now.