Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

here's some pics of the weird stuff people had asked for. Dial up beware

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Sep 26, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

here\'s some pics of the weird stuff people had asked for. Dial up beware

[​IMG]

Caddy motor. Ready to go to the builder. My uncle builds all my motors and always has. I just like to do some of the grunt work for him like cleaning off the gasket material and degreasing parts that aren't getting hot tanked. Things of this nature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like this view. Looks really wide in the axle.

Here's the tilt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hinge point is raised up off the winch mounting surface so that the front end and winch won't get in a dispute for space.

The miniaturized topper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The topper is actually the front and rear of the original. The rear portion that I used had to also be split in the center and moved outward so that it would still sit on the bed rails.

And the drop away shackle. Kinda like an AK57 but my own design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear most of the frame is 10" higher with drop away shackles unpinned. Could go higher but I have yet to fab up some peices to keep the shackle and drop tube from going over center.

And my score of the day.

[​IMG]

York 210 FREEBIE /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Robzilla, 31" at the center of the rockers.

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Re: here\'s some pics of the weird stuff people had asked for. Dial up bewar

saweet! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Awesome Pics Kert /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Re: here\'s some pics of the weird stuff people had asked for. Dial up beware

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif THat !@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@# rocks!!!

My first thought was... "heh... it looks like a super sized samurai."

5. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

that is the SICKEST truck ever... what are u gonna be using it for mostly, mudding?

6. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the measurement, Kert. Like how the topper turned out. When do you think the 500 will be done? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Nice job Kert /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Nice custom work, I love your rig! That thing has got to have some sick flex /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Your truck is inspiring /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That pretty sick. It's going to be so easy to work on, I'm super jealous!!

[ QUOTE ]

The miniaturized topper.
    The topper is actually the front and rear of the original. The rear portion that I used had to also be split in the center and moved outward so that it would still sit on the bed rails.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Kinda cool? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Where are you planning on keeping your tools and all the other what-not's for the trail? It's got a cool look, just wondering about the functionality.
    Definitly like the 2 person only seating, I'm always stuck carrying people. I keep thinking of taking out my rear seat, but then I'd just be a prick because it isn't like 'they' would have anyone else to ride with.

[ QUOTE ]

And the drop away shackle. Kinda like an AK57 but my own design. The rear most of the frame is 10" higher with drop away shackles unpinned. Could go higher but I have yet to fab up some peices to keep the shackle and drop tube from going over center.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Any readings about this you could point me too? Never heard of it, looks like it should collaps too me...

[ QUOTE ]

And my score of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That the 80's volvo compressor that is a natural for on-board air, right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sweet.
    Toatally... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

your truck rocks it looks like a few hours have been inserted into it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    your truck rocks it looks like a few hours have been inserted into it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a few /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. cybrfire

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Here's the tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That pretty sick. It's going to be so easy to work on, I'm super jealous!!

[ QUOTE ]

The miniaturized topper.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Kinda cool? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Where are you planning on keeping your tools and all the other what-not's for the trail? It's got a cool look, just wondering about the functionality.
    Definitly like the 2 person only seating, I'm always stuck carrying people. I keep thinking of taking out my rear seat, but then I'd just be a prick because it isn't like 'they' would have anyone else to ride with.

[ QUOTE ]

And the drop away shackle. Kinda like an AK57 but my own design. The rear most of the frame is 10" higher with drop away shackles unpinned. Could go higher but I have yet to fab up some peices to keep the shackle and drop tube from going over center.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Any readings about this you could point me too? Never heard of it, looks like it should collaps too me...

[ QUOTE ]

And my score of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That the 80's volvo compressor that is a natural for on-board air, right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sweet.
    Toatally... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there is room for four seats. I'm not sure if there will be four, three or just two. Tools and such will be inside and bagged up and clipped to the cage. Hopefully there will be room for some trail spares.

As far as the rear suspension set up, what would collapse??? Check out azkicking.com and look at their suspension system that they call an AK57 or the springer suspension.

That compressor actually came out of an old Dodge pickup. Who knew.

13. cybrfire

I sure could have saved myself several hours of labor had I knew I would end up here in the beginning. Too many changes in the middle but on the home stretch now.

Rob, Actually the 500 is a 425. Kinda got duped a little on that deal but I'm gona see what I can squeeze out of it. According to the boys over at 500cid.com its 100 lbs lighter than the two bigger caddies. That's like a weightless winch up front. If its doggy I'll run it till I find a 500 and it will be a direct swap.

So, the million dollar quesion. Are you guys gona be ready for Father's Day 2005??? I will be. Only thing standing in my way now is a transmission. Rob, Did you get that tranny out yet>>>> /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Wow man, you got it all. Excellent work, that truck is tits. Hopefully it makes you happy, it is a wicked ride. Can I have it?

15. cybrfire

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow man, you got it all. Excellent work, that truck is tits. Hopefully it makes you happy, it is a wicked ride. Can I have it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I certainly don't have it all. I would say anybody can do what I have done. Basically I was inspired by some trucks on this website and then when in the process of doing some things lightning struck a couple of times and it kinda goes like "What if I did this instead of that?" And there you are. Not an exact science and from time to time you find yourself asking the question, "What the hell was I thinking?" I enjoy the build more than the toy at the end usually. Maybe not this time.

Thanks everybody and next photos will be of the rear with the radiator in place, electric fans, battery box, spare tire and quite possibly an air tank for the York.

16. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Damn dude that rig is sweet /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I love your rim inserts, If i had some steel rims Id definatly order some /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

That is a PHAT looking truck! I really like all the time/thought you have put into it. Keep up the good work.

18. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see a pic of the rear spring hangers. I'm thinking about putting some 63's under the frame on mine.

19. cybrfire

I have a pic of that somewhere Or I'll snap one tomorrow once I get all my shipping done.

20. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I hope you don't mind but I think I'm going to shamelessly steal the mini topper idea...very nice all around.