Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Here's what happens when you get bitten by the Jeep Bug!?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5BLT4FUN, Mar 28, 2004.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here\'s what happens when you get bitten by the Jeep Bug!?!

Well things have started as far as the disassembly of my 88 Blazer. This is what I have after a good day of wrenching. 88 Blazer I have taken the rear axle, doubler, 203/205 and Winch bumper with winch to Steve Frisbie at MOO. He will be using them in his Suburban Project. The remaining TBI 350, NV4500, and Front D60, along with a Van 14BFF will end up under my newly acquired 92 Jeep Wranger. I will soon have a K30-YJ. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Here\'s what happens when you get bitten by the Jeep Bug!?!

Thats cool I guess, I was considering getting a jeep. Bought a K5 again instead. Just like the blazer look, besides everyone knows me by the blazers.

3. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Hmmm...something doesn't look quite right...

[​IMG]

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

What are you doing with your blazer body/frame/interior etc ? Putting the dana 30's under it and the 4 cylinder under the hood ? Sounds like a waste of time to me...but the one ton jeep sounds good.

Seriously now....what are you doing with your draglink from the blazer ? I'm looking for a crossover one. Are you cutting it down for the jeep ?

Blake

5. K5BLT4FUN

I will be cuting down the draglink, but the steering box and brace won't be used. The steering arm is already spoken for.

6. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

You have a ORD Bolt in steering box brace? I was fixing to buy one from them this week...

7. K5BLT4FUN

Yes I do have the ORD steering brace, but it may now be spoken for. I will let you know.

8. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

What about that soft top????????? it sure is pertty /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. K5BLT4FUN

As soon as I can get the interior out of it. I will be removing the soft top. It has a small rip in the drivers side rear corner by the seam that shouldnt be too hard to fix and the seam on the passenger side rear corner needs to be re-sewn. Other than that it is in good shape. I have a friend here that may be interested in it, but if not I will let you know.

10. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Good deal

11. K5BLT4FUN

Well the 88 Blazer was picked up on Sunday afternoon and hauled off to the scap yard. I will be starting on my *eep project in June. It's been great being part of the CK5 group.

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

What do you mean it "has been" great? You'll still be around won't you?

Todd and I talked about this whole deal the other weekend when I rolled the body off my K5 frame. It was a little odd seeing all those years (10 to be exact) of work being hacked up by a sawzall. I brought home the caved in bedsides to hang on my Shop wall as a momento. Todd remarked "Yep, this marks the end of the Midwest K5 Thing as we know it". I asked why he thought this and he explained "how can a guy with an S10 represent a K5 group?" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and literally laughed. I told him I'd have to pass the torch off to him. It does make me think - where have we gone with our sport? I remember really having fun making my fullsize fit where it shouldn't. My problem was similar to Layne's - the bodies just cant handle the abuse we put them through. My bedsides have been welded, re-welded and re-re-welded. The body mounts were pushing through the floor and on one occaision I popped the bolt through the floor - sounding like a Shotgun!

Scrapping our K5's marks the beginning of a new era.

Im sure people will still welcome you here - you've been around too long. You will not find another site on the web that has what this site has.

One thing you could do - pull the emblems off the side of your K5 and stick them on your Jeep. This is what I've decided to do with my S-TON! It will make a great conversation piece. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

yea man stick around. Your jeep sounds like its gonna be more chevy than jeep. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.

[ QUOTE ]

One thing you could do - pull the emblems off the side of your K5 and stick them on your Jeep. This is what I've decided to do with my S-TON! It will make a great conversation piece. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, thats what I'm doing when the day comes my K5 just get thrashed too badly. I already have a 1988 S10 extened cab body and a 1986 K30 frame...Damn K5's and closley spaced trees just don't mix.