Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Herniated disk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Apr 20, 2005.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone had one of these? I made an appointment to see the docter, but the earliest I could get was 2 weeks away. I have:

Consant knot in my lower back
    Cramp/burning in my calf all day
    Can't sleep through the night
    If I lie down and move slightly I get pain shooting down my leg
    Very hard to stand up/sit down

Just wondering if anyone had something similar and could share their symptoms/treatment. I am really scared I'm going to need surgery. I'm only 20. :frown1: I have already been to 2 docters, neither took an xray, the first one didn't even touch or look at my back.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i know NOTHING about back stuff personally.. but my boss was just diagnosed yesterday with 3 herniated discs... no surgery apparently for him.. just strength training stuff apparently..

pain down the leg thing is usually sciatic nerve issue from what i know.. my mom has had issues with that... you'll need an MRI to really see whats going on..

3. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I had a herniated disk in my neck (l3 or l4). It got really bad about 1 1/2 years ago. Finally got it removed march 25 2004. Never regretted it yet. Felt great afterwards. I get a stiff neck every now and then but what can you say I now have metal pins in my neck LOL. Seriously though Mine was pretty bad to the point of tears. No amount of percocets (trust me I tried) would help. I was to the point of taking 3-4 percs and 3-4 vicadins at the same time and it still hurt. Hell after 2 needles of morphine it was still a little tender. After the surgery I was laid up for about 2 days. Then I took things very easy. After 2 months I was on the trails again. Now with the exception of the scar on my neck I cant even tell I had anything done. P.M. me if you have any other questions you would like to discuss I may be able to help. Good luck

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have 2 herniated disks and the Dr. sais that they were the least of my problems, I have really bad arthritis ( at about 10- 12 yrs. old), so9 I'm ****ed, just got the news a few days ago. Dr. said ity was all about "
    Pian management" now...So if thewre are poorly spelled words in this post it's because ,I'm managing... :crazy:

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sorry I just saw this last part you added, sounds like about the same prob ,I had,,,,Dr. said "ohh minor back pain swelling will go down soon, your not getting any drugs"....****ers, if your back is as truley bad as mine then go all the way with making them help you, I sooooo want to claim disabilitly, but then some stoopid ass dicktective would have to spend the next 6 months in a tree outside my property to catch me picking up what he could only assume to be too heavy of a dog terd... :mad: I use it when I need it but could nevrer function worth a sh!t at a 9-5er...Im working on a theoreeeeeeeeeeeeee======================================== to have craftsman buy me a new one and replace it every 6 months , but they seem uninterested...., But I think I may own stock in steel reserve 211 8.1, 40 boz of that and instant pain relief, sorry me bored and drinkkkkky..... :D