Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

He's an update (with a pic)

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by chvyhs, May 4, 2004.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

He\'s an update (with a pic)

So, I finally drove my Sub to work last Monday. I haven't driven that thing since December (when the T-case went out). I could bearly get into 3rd gear on the freeway. My speedo was showing 45mph and my GPS was showing 62mph. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif This weekend I dropped the D60 and 14 bolt off to get the 4.88' installed. That will make all the differance in the world. I also forgot how bad bias tires flatspot. It must have took 4 miles to get the flatspots to go away. I kind of miss my TSL Radials.
    The Cross over steering was feeling good. I can't wait to add the hydro assist. I've heard good things about that upgrade.
    I still need to fab up a twin stick shifter for my doubler. I crawled under the Sub and shifted it into 2wd lo and drove around a bit to see how it felt. I was relieved to see the new t-case set up was working. This was the first time I ever rebuilt a t-case.
    Can't wait to get this bad boy on the rocks.

Here's some pics of how the Sub is sitting right now:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to put the tires underneath even though the axles aren't in because of the neighbors. They like to call the police on me.

Here's a pic of the first round of fender trimming: /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    [​IMG]

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Re: He\'s an update (with a pic)

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    I had to take a second look at those pics! I wasn't sure what wasgoing on with the lowrider on mudders.

Can't wait to hear how well she runs when the axles are back under her.

Keep it up, if I hit the lottery I'll be right up there with ya. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I was like WTF!? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Man, I hate neighbors like that! That's the good part about being in the barrio, no one gives a sh_it about your truck or what it looks like....

4. one ton burb

one ton burb 1/2 ton status

man i must have the best neighbors in the world, I stripped my 2 wheel drive suburban apart transfered the body to the 4x4 frame and still am putting it all together and they don't seem to care, most of them come over to shot the [darn] and have a beer with my dad /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. one ton burb

one ton burb 1/2 ton status

oh yeah forgot to say that I can't wait for some action shots of it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Updates????? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

The only update is I'm still waiting for my axles to be ready for pick up. They're supposed to be ready this week. I can't wait to feel the 4.88's. A friend of mine just picked up a 32 spline front output shaft for my 205 yesterday and I got a had a 1410 yoke put on the front of the 14 Bolt. In two weeks I should have some more done.