Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hesitation on hills

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76_Cheyenne, Feb 10, 2003.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I've just started noticing on some steep hills, passes, my truck has been hesitant. I'll be charging up a hill about 2500-2700 rpm, i've got 4.10's and 35's. And every once in a while the engine surges, like it's running out of gas. Could this mean I need to replace my fuel filter? Or would it be the cause of something else. It only really occurs when its under load up a hill, just more sluggish then usual. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

cold be but id more likely blame the carb

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I would start by changing the fuel filter, couldnt hurt to change it anyway. If that doesnt fix it then check out the carb. It might also be that there isnt enough gas in the tank and it is moving away from the pickup tube.

4. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I had a full tank when this was happening, also Im about to put a new intake manifold on. SO when I got the carb off, what should I be looking for? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif