Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hesitation on low acceleration??? only when hot!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jaguargt, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Jaguargt

Jaguargt Registered Member

When i start my ride, it's fine, acceleration it's good in slow and hard, but when it's hot if i accel it hard it's good, but slowly it's sounds like if it's sucking just air and no gas, the inj pump works, the engine almost dies and then respond, bad and good, a cicle, could be a float problem, the float seems to be a little high, could be? the filter it's good.

2. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

had an isuzu pull that on me once, it feels like the engine is going to die then it catches for a few seconds and then does it again, turns out it was the spark plugs and wires, i was also told to replace the o2 sensor but never did, its been working fine ever since

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Mine was having the exact same problem. Found out the two reasons for it. One was that my timing light was broken and told me it was at 0 degrees when it was really 20 degrees btdc. And two, it had a bad egr valve. The egr valve opens under light acceleration to let cool air ontop of the pistons, and closes under hard acceleration. This would explain why your sputters under light acceleration and moves under hard acceleration. Try getting a new egr valve. I was just in your same exact position last week actually. Ran good on startup, then when it got warm, it wanted to die unles I gave it a good amount of gas. After it heated up, it would run really bad, then good, then really bad, then good again; kept cycling in and out. Anyways, try this and it should help you out a ton. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

4. Jaguargt

Jaguargt Registered Member

Thanx, for your answer, but i don't have EGR, but i will try with the timming stuff, and another thing it's a hard start when hot. thanx for your answers.