Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hesitation problems....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StageZ, Feb 10, 2002.

1. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

I breaking in my new 383 stroker and am having a anoying hesitation problem... I am running a edelbrock 600(the one I ran on my old 350) and have about 75 miles on the new engine... Once I touch the gas she seems to want to bog then picks up real nice...it happenes more when she is cold... is this a carb problem? what should I check? if I let her drop to idle and then give her some gas she starts to go, puts once and picks up... any help will be much appreciated.... thanks in advance....

2. BigJim90

BigJim90 Newbie

Sounds like timing problems to me. I had the exact same symptoms on my k5, and finally narrowed it down to the timing. After I adjusted the timing, throttle response was much crisper. It also may be fuel line related (filter?).

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

check base gasket of carb. could have vacuum leak

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Choke or heat stove possibly. If you have a 383, it sounds like you like to hot rod and may have an open element cleaner. Ditch it. Thats right, they're a joke. The problem is that they have no temp regulation. They suck in hot dense air at operating temp or extrememly cold air in the winter when warming up. The stock air cleaner has a tube that goes off its intake and to the front clip, which sucks in cold dense air. Sorta like a cold air induction setup. In the winter it has a heat stove comming off the manifold which sucks in warm air to help when the air is very cold. This all regulated by a little valve on the air cleaner.

If you don't have the open setup, then ignore my preaching.

Choke is always worth a shot in cold conditions.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>